About the Firm
Tikehau Capital is a global alternative asset management group with €35.5 billion of assets under management (at 31 March 2022). Tikehau Capital has developed a wide range of expertise across four asset classes (private debt, real assets, private equity and capital markets strategies) as well as multi-asset and special opportunities strategies.
Tikehau Capital is a founder-led team with a differentiated business model, a strong balance sheet, proprietary global deal flow and a track record of backing high quality companies and executives.
Deeply rooted in the real economy, Tikehau Capital provides bespoke and innovative alternative financing solutions to companies it invests in and seeks to create long-term value for its investors, while generating positive impacts on society. Leveraging its strong equity base (€3.0 billion of shareholders' equity at 31 December 2021), the firm invests its own capital alongside its investor-clients within each of its strategies.
Controlled by its managers alongside leading institutional partners, Tikehau Capital is guided by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and DNA, shared by its 723 employees (at 31 March 2022) across its 13 offices in Europe, Asia and North America.
Tikehau Capital's ESG-by-design approach is an integral part of its investment and asset management strategy. At Tikehau Capital we pride ourselves in our inclusive workplace and culture, where diversity and open mindedness are key to flourish in an dynamic environment.
Tikehau Capital is listed in compartment A of the regulated Euronext Paris market (ISIN code: FR0013230612;
Ticker: TKO.FP). For more information, please visit: www.tikehaucapital.comMission:
In this position, you will join as an Investment Director in Tikehau Capital's Real Estate team in London, responsibilities include:
- Playing a leading role in sourcing, evaluating, and executing new investments in the UK markets for the Core Plus and Value Add funds;
- Alongside other senior team members, contributing to the development of investment strategies and adjusting strategies in relation to market changes;
- Building relationships with operating partners, investment and leasing agents, service providers, lenders and other market participants primary across UK but also across Europe and property types;
- Leading underwriting, due diligence, acquisitions, dispositions, refinancing, and other portfolio management activities;
- Driving deal structuring, legal documentation and negotiations;
- Creating, managing and maintaining detailed financial models (independently when required) and investment memoranda related to potential opportunities and existing investments, and then succinctly presenting to the European management team and investment committee;
- Where resources are available, designing and reviewing financial models as well as determining assumptions and scenarios;
- Supervising team members and reviewing the output ensuring accuracy;
- Provide support to the asset management teams to managing existing investments and proactively exploring opportunities to add value;
- Participating in fundraising and investor relations activities as needed;
- Developing and maintaining insightful business and industry research and due diligence.
We are looking for a professional with the ability and willingness to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- 7-10 years of total experience with at least 4 years of principal investing experience
- Demonstrated competency in all aspects of transaction execution including analysis, due diligence, valuations, preparing investment memorandums, and advanced financial modelling
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate internal and external teams
- Meaningful UK transaction experience as deal leader, preferably across multiple property types and risk profiles
- Demonstrable experience of hospitality transactions will be an advantage
- Exceptional skills in analysing investment opportunities, market information and financials
- Familiarity and experience with structuring and legal norms, and ability to swiftly consider these elements when evaluating the merits of a transaction
- Ability to improve the attractiveness of a deal, e.g. through mitigating risks, creative deal structuring, etc. while taking into consideration the broader picture
- Ability to communicate complex, abstract and/or difficult messages in simple, clear manner