We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work within the Legal & Compliance department, supporting PIMCO's proprietary compliance system. The Rule Automation Team is responsible for accurately coding and automating client, regulatory, and internal guidelines within the compliance system. The Manager will have broad exposure to the technical elements of the entire Investment Guideline Compliance process. Individuals in this position will have frequent interaction with a variety of groups at all levels of seniority including other teams within Legal & Compliance, Technology, Account Management, Product Strategy and the Trade Floor. RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include:
Position Requirements: POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Creating, automating and maintaining compliance rules based on investment guidelines and regulations
- Identify root source of the data questioned by investigating the calculation of financial data and other inputs to rule evaluation
- Assisting in the design and development of technical specifications for new functionality.
- Testing and implementing new functionality within the compliance system
- Leading numerous analytical/technical ad hoc projects aimed at automating account guideline compliance
- Develop and run queries in SQL to satisfy ad hoc data needs
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance, Computer Science or Data Science preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in compliance or the investment management industry
- Basic knowledge of the global equity and fixed income markets, including an understanding of financial products such as bonds, equities, and derivatives.
- Intermediate/advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, SQL and/or other reference data processing coding.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with coding in a compliance system is ideal
- Exposure to querying, particularly with SQL (preferably Oracle) and Business Objects
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive deadlines.
- Experience with office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- CFA designation or active status in the CFA program is a plus
- Software certifications also a plus
- Previous usage of Project Management and Testing software (e.g. JIRA, Agile)
- Have a strong sense of honesty and integrity
- Quick learner and adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Maintaining a strong commitment to quality and attention to details, ensuring that relevant work product is complete, accurate and on time.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to face off across all levels of an organization
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding, fast paced environment and handle multiple, competing priorities and projects with high quality output
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Desire to take initiative and contribute to the department and the organization
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office