The Managing Director (MD) will be responsible for being a team leader that is responsible for identifying, sourcing and monitoring private market investments. The MD will also be a thought leader and contributor to the development of the Health System's investment strategy for private investments such as Venture Capital (VC) and Buyouts. The ideal candidate will be an independent thinker who has a broad experience in the Private Equity space and proven ability to source illiquid investments.
Summary of Duties:
Selected candidate will be a team leader for the portfolio’s Private Market exposure. This will involve developing a global network to source private investments that will be a key driver of portfolio performance. The individual will be a thought leader that understands return drivers for illiquid asset classes over full market cycles. The MD will assist in the identification and implementation of infrastructure that will drive the Health System’s long term investment performance. Willingness to mentor junior team members on the investment process for Private Market space will be an important responsibility. Ideal candidate will have a natural love of investing, inquisitive nature to find creative investment ideas and instinctive desire to challenge manager and peer assertations.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
50% Maintain a global investment network that will drive sourcing for investment opportunities. Network will cover peer investors, managers, consultants and fund-of-funds. This will require active domestic and international travel to monitor existing investments and source new opportunities.
15% Develop global investment themes that should be incorporated in manager and direct security investments. These goals will be a significant contributor to the portfolio’s long-term outperformance. Mentor team members on targeted Private Market characteristics and areas of evolving investment opportunities
15% Build investment peer groups that assist with the identification of new investment opportunities and benchmarking existing manager performance.
10% Implement infrastructure that will assist with the identification, assessment and monitoring of portfolio investments.
10% Network within Geisinger to understand key mission and develop a branding strategy to assist with accessing capacity constrained investment managers.
Key Capabilities and Competencies:
The desired candidate will have experience spanning the following areas:
- Global investment network covering investor peers, investment managers, consultants and fund-of-funds. Proven track record of sourcing world class investment opportunities Deep knowledge and experience covering all global Private Markets investment classes, particularly Venture Capital and Buyouts. The ideal candidate will have managed global VC and Buyout programs for peer institutional investors Experience sourcing and evaluating co-investment opportunities Strong quantitative modeling skills that are used to challenge manager and peer assertations and not blindly accept long-held market axioms Mentoring investment team members on key long-term attributes that drive long-term Private Market returns Prior experience building infrastructure that supported the identification, evaluation and monitoring of Private Market investments Identifiable and verifiable investment performance track record to illustrate competency and historical success Ability to commit at 25% of their time to domestic and international travel to drive investment identification and evaluation
Qualifications and Experience: Bachelor' s degree in accounting, economics, finance, business or a related field required, with a CFA certification preferred. Progressive investment management responsibility covering 15+ years and experience mentoring junior and senior team members on Private Market investment strategies. Experience leading investment strategies for large institutional investment portfolios.
Our Purpose & Values:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
More searches like this
- Multimanager Strategies Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Owner Full Time jobs in Bachelors