Investment Associate (Wealth Management – High Net Worth)
Fiduciary Trust International is a wealth management firm founded in 1931 by families for families, with a singular focus on growing and protecting our clients’ wealth through generations. We work closely with individuals, families and foundations to build and manage personalized investment portfolios, and to develop estate plans that extend wealth to future generations. And, we are part of Franklin Templeton, a global investment leader. That means we can combine a personalized experience with access to sophisticated research and investment solutions.
Fiduciary Trust International is hiring an Investment Associate to join our office located in San Mateo, CA. The Investment Associate (IA) provides support to Portfolio Managers in all aspects of the investment process. Associates have responsibility to implement and execute our firm’s investment policy and broad investment strategies, including asset allocation, recommended securities and other investment vehicles to achieve stated client goals and objectives.
The role is also expected to serve as training for junior investment professionals who are interested in developing a career in an asset management firm. Associates need to be independent, critical thinkers who are self-starters with the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced multi-disciplinary investment environment. To succeed in this position, Associates need to have the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects without compromising attention to detail or follow-through. Associates must be comfortable articulating investment views and analysis into actionable investment recommendations.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule (partially remote).
- Conduct regular account reviews with Portfolio Managers (PM’s) and suggest appropriate actions to uphold asset allocation and portfolio construction views
- Provide research support for the equity strategy teams by monitoring and gathering specific fundamental research data on stock recommendations – This may include providing research meeting notes and coordinating meetings with external Analysts and/or company management
- Enter and execute trades while allocating the trades based on guidelines provided by the Portfolio Managers
- Provide portfolio data and analytics, and work with the Portfolio Managers to create presentations for client and prospect meetings
- Provide analytical performance reports while working closely with the Portfolio Managers to interpret the performance data
- Monitor portfolios for concentrated positions, discretionary status, and client directed holdings to mitigate portfolio risks
- Liaise with Performance department and Client Service Administrators to ensure portfolios are properly set up for performance measurement, including benchmarks and composites
- Manage small accounts following investment policy and mutual fund recommendations, or as guided by Portfolio Managers
- Provide cash flow analysis and wealth projections
- Assist in the creation and implementation of investment policy statement for new and existing clients
- Maintain awareness of client account activity (withdrawals, income sources, etc.)
- Provide administrative support as needed, which will include but not limited to processing cash disbursements, preparing presentation materials and other functions on an ad hoc basis.
- Participate in new business development and onboarding of new clients, including creation of investment proposals and investment implementation plan
Bachelor’s degree, preferably majoring in Finance or Economics
CFA designation (or working towards completion) a plus
2-5 years of relevant investment/asset management or financial services experience
Experience in asset allocation, macroeconomics or high net worth asset management preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Self-directed and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment in a rapidly growing office
Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of senior investment leaders and clients
Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate investment policy views and current market conditions
Ability to work collaboratively in a peer-to-peer and team environment
Ability to communicate research findings and investment views through regular meetings, reports, emails and one-on-one direct exchanges
Build and maintain strong relationships across all investment disciplines within the organization
Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative market relevant data from a variety of sources
Strong technological knowledge and experience with tools necessary for research, implementation and reporting (e.g. Microsoft Office, FactSet, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon, Morningstar Direct, etc.)
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors