Portfolio Manager & Business Development Officer
Who We Are
Bank of Ann Arbor is one of the nation’s best financial institutions, serving the Southeast Michigan area for over 25 years! At Bank of Ann Arbor, we help our clients succeed financially. We serve our clients with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncompromised value with every interaction. It is the mission of Bank of Ann Arbor to be a dynamic, growing and sustainable community bank that is the premier financial institution within the markets it operates; it will be owned by individuals in its markets, managed locally, and responsive to the needs of its communities. The Bank will serve and partner with its customers and communities to achieve their financial goals through high quality products delivered by energized employees and through community service comprised of donations, time, and leadership. Our employees are valued and will work in a culture that invests in their development and rewards their positive contributions.
Who You Are
You have a real passion for investments and your client relationships! The Portfolio Manager & Business Development Manager plays a key role in developing and fostering relationships with our clients and meeting their wealth planning needs. In this role, you are responsible for the sales and service of an integrated wealth management solution, with a focus on investments, to clients and prospects of Bank of Ann Arbor. You demonstrate an extensive understanding of financial markets, and can effectively simplify complex financial concepts while building rapport and credibility with highly valued clientele. Starting with an existing portfolio, this associate will be part of a team focused on growing investments through new business development and effectively executing the wealth management strategies across our client-base.
Who You Are
- Provide excellent investment management services designing, reviewing and recommending changes to mutual funds platform available to taxable and tax deferred assigned clients and trust clients.
- Generate sales leads through research, centers of influence and personal contacts and provide value added relative performance to portfolios.
- Prepare Investment Policy Statements as appropriate and perform investment account reviews to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Assist with on-going review and recommended changes to BOAA Buy List(s) and strategic initiatives to broaden the Trust and Investment Management Group’s products/services.
- Provide support to the Administration staff in achieving department goals including new business presentations, existing client presentations, and customer relationship management.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility.
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience working within the financial industry.
- Ability to thoughtfully introduce your clients to different investment strategies and bring together additional client assets while engaging in positive, client-centered discussion.
- Demonstrated ability to grow your client investments.
- Working knowledge of Trust Operations functions, including a specific background in the trust industry processing of securities and trust accounting system protocol.
- Advanced knowledge with MS Office (Excel, Word, Adobe, PowerPoint). Able to analyze processes, make recommendations for efficiency improvements, and complete frequent problem-solving steps.
- Prioritize responsibilities and work effectively with internal associates as well as occasional client contact.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and interact with associates, outside vendors, processing contacts, and occasional direct client contact.
- Ability to be in the office full-time.
More searches like this
- Banking Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors