ICM Asset Management is an alternative asset manager focused on owning, operating and investing in real assets. We offer retail, private client and institutional investors an array of investment opportunities focused on real estate, private equity, private debt and infrastructure strategies. We are seeking a Financial Analyst / Investment Associate to support the real estate and private equity investment teams in performing market research, assisting in the generation of financial projections and underwriting models, developing pitch decks, and updating and maintaining portfolio models.
The Financial Analyst must be a compelling communicator, have excellent understanding of investment analysis, and possess a no-quit attitude towards completing time sensitive objectives.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years of investment banking or related work experience and be expected to have top-tier Microsoft Office/Excel skills and be able to translate financial data and macroeconomic research into actionable investment presentations.
Day-to-day responsibilities for the Financial Analyst include:
- Communicate investment strategies into compelling presentations for a retail and institutional audience
- Synthesize investment information from a variety of investment strategies into actionable and benchmarkable investment metrics: IRR, equity multiple, cash on cash return
- Monitor the investment landscape across submarket and subindustries with an eye to observe macro themes and unlock value
- Liaise between sales, investment, and portfolio functions seamlessly; find new ways to add value and accelerate timelines to final deliverables
- Develop and maintain complex Excel models for current and prospective holdings with the goal of forecasting and monitoring portfolio performance
- Maintain knowledge of current holdings and generate periodic asset and portfolio reports for management
- Work with management to generate quarterly and annual reports for the company’s funds and investments
- Support the creation of investment committee summary packages for new investments, and investment summary packages for new opportunities being presented to potential investors
- Answer questions from marketing department regarding investment philosophy and other information regarding assets and portfolios of assets
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests/objectives from management team
- Any other tasks that the management team may request of the analyst
- Driven with a no-quit attitude and exceed expectations for every task that runs across your desk
- Energetic, ethical, accountable and empathetic
- Strive for excellence in everything you do: understand the importance of getting it right the first time and able to think about credibility from the eyes of our final clients and investors
- Have a bachelor’s degree and are currently working or have worked for a minimum of two years in an investment banking or a similarly analytical role. At minimum, completed CFA Level I and committed to completing designation.
- Analytical by nature and fluent in your understanding of financial statements and financial reporting
- Comfortable making assumptions as is required in generating financial projections and understand the importance of substantiating any assumptions with research and critical thinking
- Able to demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask to meet stringent deadlines
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Very knowledgeable in MS Office and MS PowerPoint, and willing to learn new skills and software
- A culture focused on hard work, professionalism, performance and client service
- The opportunity to join a high growth and dynamic firm
- Education and growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation
Interested applicants should submit a resume in word format and a cover letter including an example of an instance where they made an exceptional effort to ensure that an objective was successfully achieved.