Global Alpha Capital Management (GACM), an affiliate of the Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, is looking for a Product Specialist to join the team and take responsibility for key aspects of institutional client relationship management.
Founded in 2008, Global Alpha is an investment management firm based in Montreal providing investment management services to pension funds, mutual funds, and other institutional investors around the world. At present, the firm manages more than $7 billion assets, mainly in global and EAFE small cap strategies. Over recent years, investment performance has been strong, and assets under management have grown substantially, positioning the firm well for the future. Global Alpha is a team of six partners and eight other professionals. We have a highly collaborative non-hierarchical culture.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage all aspects of client relationships for a key group of institutional clients.
- Work with the senior investment professionals to gather investment process and strategy information.
- Translate information into key messages and insights.
- Prepare and present written and visual material internally and externally.
- Initiate a pro-active communication and relationship strategy including formal and informal meetings and events with existing clients.
- Collaborate with the institutional sales team on all matters related to the sales process.
- Create and continually refine Global Alpha’s client service delivery framework, products and capabilities.
- Remain current on industry and market developments.
- Assist with the management of new account opening processes and facilitate client onboarding.
- Clearly articulate investment strategies to existing clients through creation of informative performance updates and other promotional materials.
What You Bring
- Experience: 5-10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field. Experience or registration as a portfolio manager with regulators is a plus, as is being Registered as an Advising Representative in Canada.
- Collaborative Communication: You demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and can effectively articulate strategy to clients. French fluency is a plus.
- Relationship building: Demonstrated ability to connect with clients having varied levels of investment knowledge and build trust with them.
- Attitude: You are enthusiastic, hard (and smart) working, inquisitive, and consider yourself to be a self-starter.
- Service orientated: Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and get involved in the details of service issues
- Entrepreneurial: An entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm to take on additional responsibility associated with other aspects of the business.
Who We Are
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CC&LFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors. CC&LFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $105 billion in assets and over 700 people today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development,
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.