The Investment Analyst is a valued member of the Investment Team that provides broad support of the investment process for all investment portfolios at Texas Children's, currently $4.5 billion. Responsibilities include investment analysis, financial market analysis, market and manager research, as well as documentation management and assistance creating presentations for senior leadership. The Investment Analyst will support projects for both the private and public market segments of the portfolios.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accountability A: Support the Investment Office’s investment process
• Prepare monthly portfolio dashboards and fund trackers to assist in the on-going monitoring of existing investments
• Maintain sophisticated computer models to support portfolio analysis, portfolio cash flow modeling and risk management
• Assist in conducting market research and participate in identifying new investment topics of high interest
• Assist in screening new investment opportunities and conducting comprehensive manager due diligence by participating in
manager meetings and calls, preparing benchmarking analysis, assisting in reference checks, and reviewing legal
• Maintain internal asset allocation models, as well as other risk management analysis
• Assist in the preparation of investment memorandums
• Prepare and present financial market and macroeconomic data during internal Investment Team meetings
• Interface with existing and prospective investment managers, as well as external service providers
• Perform special projects, as needed, to support the investment process
Accountability B: Prepare presentation materials for senior leadership and relevant governing boards
• Create meeting materials for quarterly Foundation Board meetings
• Assist in the creation of monthly Foundation Board packets, which typically include portfolio updates, market data, and
investment pipeline materials
• Prepare periodic presentations for internal committee meetings of senior leadership
• Prepare other presentations or communication materials, as needed
Accountability C: Administrative and operational support
• Maintain internal databases, such as Backstop and Caissa, to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data
• Organize and manage the flow of data from external managers, as well as other sources
• Provide other investment administration support, as needed
Knowledge and Skills
• Familiarity with investment principles and investment reporting standards.
• Strong quantitative and technical skills. Proficiency in financial and statistical modeling in Microsoft Excel and/or other programming environments (e.g., R) required.
• Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications including Power Point and Word.
• The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing is essential.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors