Director, Client Portfolio Management
Hamilton Capital is one of the nation’s largest independent, fee-only, registered investment advisory firms. We are headquartered in Columbus, OH and have a branch office in Palm Beach, FL. As a Registered Investment Advisor, we design and manage investment programs for institutions and help our private clients build, plan and preserve wealth using these same institutional capabilities. We operate in a fiduciary role – providing the highest standard of care in creating comprehensive investment and financial solutions. Our professionals are experienced, credentialed, nationally recognized and have an uncompromising desire for excellence. At Hamilton Capital our Core Values are at the heart of what we do and guide us in every interaction with our clients, as well as our internal team members.
Serve First - Be Insightful - Guide Forward - Collaborate - Make it Happen
We are honored to have received many local and national recognitions including being named to the Financial Advisor magazine’s list of the nation’s largest independent advisors, Financial Times 300 – a list of the “industry’s elite advisors”, as well as receiving the Columbus Business First FAST 50 award, as one of Central Ohio’s 50 fastest growing companies, for nine times.
Hamilton Capital is seeking a dynamic professional to add to our Investment Management Team. The Director, Client Portfolio Management’s primary responsibility is to deliver attractive investment results and client experience through the development, management, enhancement, and communication of the firm’s core dynamic investment strategies, targeted strategic investment strategies, and custom portfolios, in accordance with the specified objectives. The Director is also responsible for facilitating the clear communication of strategies to firm’s financial advisory team and for serving as a proxy for research professionals before our clients and prospects.
- Supportive, flexible, people-oriented culture and a professional yet familial atmosphere
- Individual contribution and innovation encouraged and recognized
- Personal and career development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits, including a 401(k) Plan with employer contribution
- Individual and Team Incentive Plans
- Investment management and financial planning services
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Maintain, develop, and enhance strong relationships with clients.
- Understand and articulate firm investment process, portfolio strategy and investment theses for individual portfolio holdings.
- Serve as a credible proxy for research professionals in new business and client meetings.
- Manage bespoke/custom portfolios for individual clients or as part of an OCIO relationship.
- Plan and execute or support a client relationship management program and provide periodic portfolio reviews.
- Understand clients’ investment objectives and decision-making processes across different pools of assets and pursue any mutually beneficial opportunities to broaden the relationship over time.
- Participate in team efforts to cultivate prospective clients through intermediary relationships, referrals, and other influencers, as well as deepening current relationships.
- Work closely with senior management, investment management professionals, client facing team, and other members of the firm to provide high-quality service to existing clients.
- Gather and share market intelligence such as product innovation, distribution channel and investment vehicle trends, competitor products and pricing.
- Assist in developing written materials and exhibits on investment strategies for purposes of client communications.
- Efficiently generate proprietary portfolio and markets data and analysis for assigned asset classes, regions and/or risk, and work within a team to translate those into portfolio positions and changes.
- Effectively review and challenge others’ research and be receptive to same.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in investments, finance, general business, economics, capital markets, or similar discipline preferred.
- Master’s degree/equivalent or above highly desirable.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant investment analysis and/or management experience required.
- Focus on top-down, global asset class research and portfolio management, strongly preferred.
- Robust oral and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal and organizational skills required.
- Clearly demonstrable understanding of and passion for financial markets, macro-economics, and investment analysis required.
- Perceptible expertise in analytical modeling, consistent with experience, within Microsoft Excel or more advanced software.
- Effective user of MS Office products is required, with ability to quickly learn other software.
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg platform preferred.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors