Real Return Analyst
This position assists in protecting and growing the SIC's permanent endowment funds for current and future generations, through prudent and professional investment management. The SIC's target allocation to Real Estate is 12% and the target allocation to Real Return is 10%. The Real Return portfolio consists of a broad range of asset types including: energy, timberland, agriculture and infrastructure.
At the direction of, and under the supervision of, the Director, Real Estate and Real Return Group (DRRG) this position:
* Participates in monitoring and reporting on portfolio investments within the RRG including, but not limited to, reviewing financial statements, investment return information, quarterly and annual reports
* Participation in quarterly and annual manager calls and meetings and other ad-hoc monitoring assignments to include preparing regular and ad-hoc reports.
* Researches, reviews and monitors investment pipelines for Real Estate and Real Return
* Assists in undertaking quantitative and qualitative research and due diligence tasks on prospective investment managers, strategies and organizations in the real estate and real return areas
* Provides analysis, market intelligence and opinion to the DRRG and the Deputy State Investment Officer and participates in the development and maintenance of investment policy and procedures and contributes to portfolio construction
* Attends industry conferences, workshops and related professional gatherings