Portfolio Manager - Core/Credit
Longfellow Investment Management has identified the need to hire a senior Portfolio Manager to expand its investment bench strength, particularly in credit and core/core+ mandates. The firm seeks to identify an individual who can represent the right mix of investment philosophy, culture fit and motivation to succeed within the business.
LIM follows a team-based approach in the management of portfolios. The investment team is matrixed across sectors and portfolio strategies, with most members participating on both product and sector teams. An experienced portfolio manager leads each strategy. Sector teams are organized by credit, securitized, and governments to allow for specialization and close following of issuance, spreads, technicals, and related issues in their respective areas of expertise. All portfolio managers are responsible for developing and overseeing portfolio strategies regarding duration, sector allocations, and monitoring risks. They also work closely with analysts on trading and research functions, sharing ideas openly among all members of the investment team in an ongoing and dynamic process that a single office setting encourages.
Key factors in the success of this individual will be the ability to identify market trends and develop appropriate strategies in order to take advantage of opportunities and avoid uncompensated risks. This individual will report to Barbara McKenna, President.
• Manage a variety of US$ fixed income portfolio assignments in core, core+, and credit- dominated strategies, consistent with client goals and objectives
• Participate in developing strategic/economic outlooks and risk assessments to formulate credit and portfolio strategy.
• Produce consistent excess returns (short term: top half of managers, intermediate/long term: in the top quartile) achieved within a low volatility framework (bottom half of standard deviations)
• Interact with clients, prospects, and consultants; successfully convey philosophy and strategy
• Exhibit successful professional and investment leadership
The successful candidate will be a seasoned (over 10 years’ experience) investment professional with demonstrated technical competency in credit oriented (investment grade and high yield) fixed income investing. Additional qualifications include:
• CFA Charterholder
• Demonstrated ability of having added value over time and in various market conditions
- Verifiable track record
• Able to process and structure information and data to draw and convey insightful strategic conclusions
- Inquisitive, seeks new information and expands knowledge
- Organized and effective
- Able to be decisive; forceful but not abrasive; collaborative and persuasive
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Equities Finance - General CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Finance - General CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Finance - General CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Finance - General CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time