Investment Oversight Analyst, VP
Nuveen is seeking a Responsible Investing Analyst to join the Investment Oversight Team reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Head of Investment Oversight.
The Investment Oversight Analyst will serve as a responsible investing expert accountable for oversight and reporting on ESG initiatives, including integration, product conversions and product development. Partnering with Nuveen colleagues, the analyst will support Responsible Investing and Product Development & Management initiatives and will participate in various committees across the firm. This role involves diverse activities including understanding and reporting on complex issues, collaborating and negotiating outcomes with senior professionals across different groups, along with effective communication, both verbal and in writing.
Investment Oversight supports Nuveen, the various Nuveen Fund Boards and our clients’ objectives in an ethical, highly professional and independent manner. The Team develops a deep knowledge of affiliated and non-affiliated investment teams in order to help ensure investment integrity across Nuveen’s product offerings. The Team culture is one that emphasizes strong individual responsibility, professionalism, collaboration, along with teamwork and an emphasis on respect for partners and colleagues.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a responsible investing expert accountable for relationship management and oversight of ESG initiatives and strategies.
- Prepare quarterly and annual Board materials and present findings to various audiences.
- In collaboration with the Responsible Investing team, research and report on developing responsible investing trends.
- Conduct ESG integration monitoring at the strategy level in conjunction with Investment Oversight’s existing quarterly performance reviews with portfolio managers, research analysts and CIOs.
- Perform due diligence on new ESG-branded concepts.
- Support Responsible Investing and Product Development & Management partners as necessary including policy/guideline implementation.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
- 5 years of experience in the field of Responsible Investing
- 7+ years of experience in the field of Responsible Investing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Presentation capabilities and experience including creation of presentation materials, presentation skill in large formal settings and interactions with senior stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with all partners individually and as part of a team
- Ability to lead projects and work to achieve buy-in among various constituents and senior professionals across multiple departments
- Ability to present complex ideas in an understandable way to multiple audiences
- Inquisitive nature and willingness to look beyond the surface to formulate independent opinions
- Ability to generate spreadsheets and related reports for data analysis and interpretation
- Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required
- Strong business writing, grammar and presentation skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and deliver under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Potential Salary: $145,000.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.