Investment Data Analyst
For a leading and rapidly growing Asset Management firm, the Investment Data Office champions a long-term, strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients. Using strong investment data and operations knowledge, the Investment Data Trustee (Fixed Income) maintains leadership and accountability for investment data related matters relating to Fixed Income. The role seeks to provide superior support to the FI investment teams and performs a specialized set of duties related to managing how data is used and governed in the business context. The individual will work closely with the Investment Data Leader on prioritization of investment data improvement opportunities. The position is part of the Investment Data Team and will be based in Boston with a focus on fixed income securities, including derivatives, covering portfolio level data, metrics and methodologies.
- Performs a leadership role within the Investment Data Management Office and demonstrates strong understanding of business use of investment data.
- Acts as a single point of contact and exercises leadership and accountability for investment data related matters relating to Fixed Income.
- Sets data quality standards and definitions for investment data. Monitors, certifies and reports on investment data quality related to Fixed Income investment data.
- Advises on investment data access and use.
- Provides oversight on investment data quality collaborating with the Investment Data and Stewardship leaders ensuring best practices are being followed.
- Advocates for new and enhanced data requirements and how data is used in the business context.
- Supports prioritization and budgeting for investment data improvement projects coordinating with the Investment Data Leader.
- Coordinates with Enterprise Data Strategy & Governance to align with enterprise data strategy and standards.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a major in finance, computer science, data science or related fields.
- 15 years of industry experience, with preferably 5 or more years of related experience in data quality and management.
- Significant knowledge of fixed income across multiple sectors including emerging market debt, investment grade, high yield, and derivatives securities.
- Significant experience with data management as a discipline along with exposure to data quality concepts, best practices and tools.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills. Proven ability to lead and influence.
- Strong business focus with demonstrated ability to form effective working relationships, be resourceful and resolve conflicts.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities collaboratively as well as independently, and effectively in a demanding environment.
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy required.
What We Offer
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
More searches like this
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors