Associate Managing Director - Chief Credit Officer Moody´s Local
The AMD – Chief Credit Officer / ML will be responsible for the Moody’s Local regional credit strategy and thematic research, the quality and consistency of its ratings across regions and sectors, and the procedures, methodologies, models, and tools used in the determination of ratings.
The candidate will be responsible for enhancing rating quality and promoting cross-sector consistency in the application of methodologies by contributing a broader view than that available to individual business lines and rating teams. Moreover, he/she will be accountable for credit rating methodology development and delivery across Moody’s Local locations: Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo & Lima.
- Lead and manage Moody’s Local credit policy team, including credit officers in Latin America
- First point of contact for supervisory examinations and remediation related to Moody’s Local analytical processes
- Responsibility for analytical procedures and rating symbols
- Provide guidance on the credit implications of the global macro-economic environment and to Moody’s Local analysts on complex credit situations, to ensure consistency with methodologies as well as with rating practices and policies and challenge analytical approaches when appropriate
- Lead analytical projects to improve the consistency and quality of Moody’s Local credit analysis and rating methodologies
- Accomplish and supervise a robust end-to-end process for methodology development and its publication
- Lead approval body of new and revised credit rating methodologies, acting through the Methodology Review Committee
- Conduct quantitative default and recovery research where appropriate, as well as to conduct credit research and analysis
- Deep understanding of complex financial models, spreadsheets, and analytical databases, as applicable to each rating group
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus MBA, CFA or similar degree
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience gained from a rating agency, financial institution, corporates, asset management, regulator or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent (15 years or more)
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Proven team management skills
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communications skills in Spanish & English– oral and written. Portuguese is a plus.
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders and build strong relationships