VP Sr Analyst Local Credit Officer Moody´s local
The successful candidate will work in Moody’s Local as VP – Local Credit Officer for the ratings & process oversight for the Latin America region. VP – Local Credit Officer / ML will be responsible for maintaining high-quality of ratings throughout the region while promoting cross-sector methodology consistency across ML entities. This position is open to work in Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Lima, and Panama City
- Interacting with Moody’s Local analytical teams to drive standardization of the rating process and to identify emerging credit risks and initiate timely action, acting as the chair for sector portfolio reviews and as a thought leader in rating committees and other credit discussions
- Lead analytical projects to improve the consistency and quality of Moody’s Local credit analysis and rating methodologies, provide guidance to rating teams to ensure consistency with methodologies as well as with rating practices and policies, and challenge analytical approaches when appropriate
- Deep knowledge of Moody’s Local methodologies to support Moody’s Local analytical teams in applying them to rating analyses.
- Accountable for regulatory credit reports as default statistics, the transition matrix
- Prepare and manage portfolio reviews by, among other things, analyzing data, preparing charts, updating or running financial models, sourcing other analytical information
- Serve as a “go-to” person for special ad hoc projects while concurrently maintaining high performance in core responsibilities.
- Conduct quantitative default and recovery research where appropriate; as well as to conduct credit research and analysis.
- Deep understanding of complex financial models, spreadsheets, and analytical databases, as applicable to each rating group.
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus MBA, CFA or similar degree
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience gained from a rating agency, financial institution, asset management, regulator or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent (10 years or more)
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Highly organized and efficient, with the ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing in Spanish & English
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders and build strong relationships