Senior Financial Analyst
With approximately CAD 180.8 billion in assets under management as of September 30 2021, Fiera Capital, an independent firm, is one of Canada’s leading investment managers. We deliver customized multi-asset solutions across public and private market asset classes to institutional, financial intermediary and private wealth clients across North America, Europe and key markets in Asia. We strive to be at the forefront of investment-management science, and we are passionate about creating sustainable wealth for clients. Fiera Capital is recognized for our talented people. Our teams collaborate and seek to draw on the global industry’s most innovative and diverse offerings to craft strategies that meet the needs of any client, anywhere they are located.
Why join Fiera Capital:
• Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
• Growth and development opportunities
• Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
• Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
• Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
• Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
What we are looking for:
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Business Partner, the Senior Financial Analyst will play a significant role in the finance team of Fiera Capital. The incumbent will be a key player responsible for reporting on Fiera Capital’s $65bn Sub-Advisory relationship covering Revenues, Assets under Management, Billings and Financial and Management Reporting. He or she will participate in preparing monthly updates to the CFO. You will have an active input in the month-end processes and will assist the Accounting, Manager in the implementation of several new processes.
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly reporting of Fiera Capital’s Sub Advisory Investment;
- Partner with Accounting team for the month-end closing processes, accruals calculations and accounts analysis;
- Conduct KPI analysis in relation with the revenues, expenses and receivables of the sub advisor;
- Prepare monthly performance reporting of sub advisors trading strategies and AUMs;
- Prepare budget and forecast variance analytics;
- Partner with Billings team to ensure timely invoicing and revenue collections;
- Assist in producing monthly CFO sub-advisor reporting pack;
- Be an excellent partner with Sub Advisor CFO and Business Head.
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Qualified Accountant or MBA Finance (CFA/MBA Finance);
- 5+ years’ post qualification experience;
- Big 4 Accounting firm experience as asset but not required;
- Financial Services sector experience required;
- Strong Microsoft Excel (basic macros/ v-lookup/ sumi-if etc.);
- Excellent teammate and strong collaborator;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality;
- Good organization skills and autonomous.
The use of masculine is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both women and men.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us.