Business Data Analyst
At Grandview, our team of financial services industry experts approaches every client challenge as their own. Whether guiding investment management firms through technology transformation, delivering insightful dashboards and reports to business teams, or integrating data across systems to foster automation and integrity, we are driven by a common goal to be the best in the world at helping financial institutions manage their business systems and data assets.
If you love solving complex data and technology problems with creativity, drive, and determination, then Grandview may be the place for you.
If you appreciate variety in your work and collaboration with client stakeholders to deliver solutions that makes their work easier, faster, and more effective, then we want to talk to you.
At Grandview, your career growth is only bound by your imagination and drive. We encourage a growth mindset and value fresh perspectives and grand ideas. Come grow with Grandview!
Business/Data Analyst – multiple levels at Senior Analyst, VP and Director
Business/Data Analysts are the data savvy change agents for our clients, bringing a valuable suite of financial industry knowledge and experience across asset classes, fund structures, investment operations functions and technology platforms.
Our engagements involve transformational data and technology projects for asset managers, insurance companies, banks, asset administrators and fintech providers. Consider leveraging your investment management and analysis skills on these project types:
- Implementing or updating OMS, portfolio management and compliance systems
- Extracting, cleansing, and integrating data across multiple systems for streamlined processes, golden source, insightful dashboards, and reporting solutions
- Designing and implementing data governance programs
- Selecting investment management related vendors
- Redesigning and documenting business workflows and procedures
Senior Analyst, VP, Director roles are based upon experience and skill-level in the following areas:
- Financial Industry Experience - Investment Management focused
- Technical Data & Business Analysis
- Project Management and Solutions Lifecycle Leadership
- Relationship-Focused, Communicative Client Service
Technical Data and Business Analysis
This BA role leans technical, as a core component of most engagements includes analyzing and reporting on large data sets across multiple systems in the investment space. Every day typically includes a combination of Excel and SQL queries for data extraction, comparison, and root cause analysis, ETL processes, and data visualization using BI/reporting tools such as Power BI. We expect at minimum of strong Excel and basic SQL queries in your skill set. We have development programs to help you advance these technical analysis skills.
- Leverage knowledge of investment management data and technology to deliver thought leadership and solve complex process and technology problems
- Use Advanced Excel, Intermediate SQL and ETL processes to support data-driven business and root-cause analysis, and to execute associated solutions
- Build and maintain data in value-added reports and dashboards using tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects, Crystal Reports
- Design and deploy data governance and data integrity best practices
- Conduct analysis and document recommendations on database architecture and design, vendor selections, business workflows, operational processes, and data governance best practices
Project Management, Testing and Production Support Responsibilities
You may not have held the title of “project manager” but have led major projects. We will teach you our project management methodologies, but program governance, project communication using Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and issue tracking in tools like Jira will be part of your role.
- Excel in a fast-paced, complex project management environment using Grandview methodologies for project planning, execution, documentation, issue tracking and stakeholder updates
- Identify, escalate, and resolve project implementation and production support issues using tools such as Jira, and effectively raise issues and provide status updates to internal and client stakeholders
- Document and translate business requirements, policies, procedures, current and future state, gap analysis and workflows
- Lead or support test planning and execution, and post-production issue resolution
- Manage program governance including budgets, milestones, timelines, executive and stakeholder updates
Client Relationship Management and Communication
We take a client-focused, hands-on approach to building relationships with our clients and earning their trust. Professionalism, poise, patience, and persistence are hallmark attributes needed to cut through the noise and guide stakeholders through iterative solutions. We emphasize regular, concise, and accountable communication updates.
- Build value-added partnerships and consult with stakeholders, project sponsors, workstream leaders, subject matter experts, IT, and business users
- Navigate client organizations in a resourceful and professional manner
- Maintain poise and professionalism in a client-focused, fast-paced, dynamic environment, pivot quickly to meet client deadlines and requirements
- Clearly and concisely communicate and document agenda, issues, and action items in kickoff, daily, weekly, milestone and debrief meetings with stakeholders at various levels
- Write and document in an organized, concise manner; use effective visuals and storytelling using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and BI Tools
Please review these to ensure alignment of your skills, experience, and career intentions.
- 5+ years of financial industry experience in investment management – asset manager, insurance, bank, trustee, PE/Hedge fund, fund/asset administrator, or fintech company with front/middle/back-office data and technology platform experience
- Deep knowledge of one or more investment asset classes and related data characteristics, operational functions and technology platforms for portfolio management, order management, enterprise data management and compliance
- Proficient analyzing, extracting, and loading large data sets using Excel, SQL, ETL, BI Tools
- Project management and program governance experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint to document and present analysis and solutions
- Able to work independently to research and solve complex problems from both business and technology perspective
- Career intentions to contribute to the growth of Grandview and act like an owner
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with a roll-up-your-sleeves, do whatever it takes approach to meet the needs of clients and colleagues, meet strict deadlines, and deliver a value-added service
To Apply: Please email your resume and brief summary outlining your career intentions and relevant investment management, data and business analysis experience to Jen Pavlus, Managing Director, Talent Management at email@example.com.
Grandview is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
More searches like this
- Compliance/Regulatory Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Information Technology, Software Full Time jobs in Bachelors