The Investment Associate assigned to this position will be responsible for assisting the fixed income research team. The role will support the senior analysts in developing independent credit research for high yield bonds and loans. In addition, the successful candidate will also support the investment grade research function. The ideal candidate will have an interest and working knowledge of general accounting principles and financial statement analysis. This person should also have a basic understanding of bond math. In addition they should have an interest in learning how capital markets function and what drives economic cycles. In this function, the successful candidate will be required to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data which will be used to help inform the investment decision making process.
- Work with senior analysts to develop financial projection models to analyze an issuer’s ability to meet debt service obligations through the economic cycle. Focus is on analyzing how a company earns revenue and turns that revenue into free cash flow.
- Once an investment decision is made, work with the senior analysts to monitor firms’ operating performance vs expectations and report on key performance drivers. At a minimum this will include quarterly updates based on reporting cycles.
- Work toward developing a relative value framework within a given capital structure and across specific industries.
- Work with the senior analysts as an interface to our proprietary ESG research team.
- The successful candidate must show/possess strong written and oral communication skills. In addition, they should be able to work independently with an ability to prioritize workloads to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong computer skills are expected.
Amundi US, Inc. offers employees a hybrid work environment and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated when working in a company office, except where prohibited by state or local law.