Portfolio managers are responsible for all aspects of the research and management process with respect to our hedge fund managers and portfolios. This entails the identification, strategy diligence, selection, monitoring, portfolio construction, and ongoing maintenance and analysis across a number of portfolios and individual strategies. They should be proficient with conducting research and with the portfolio construction process, including: data collection and entry, fund hiring and firing, and sizing decisions. Experience the identification and selection of hedge fund strategies is highly sought after, especially those candidates with previous explanatory factor modeling experience.
This team member should have a strong quantitative background, with the ability to maintain the current body of code and create novel analysis to add to our proprietary analysis suite. Part of this role is client facing, so the abilities to synthesize complex strategies and clearly communicate insights gained from quantitative analysis are important. The ability to forge strong relationships with fund managers to maintain and secure capacity in desired strategies is just as important.
Experience in the management of alternative portfolios with complex liquidity structures is highly desired. Familiarly, and prior working experience, with high-net-worth individuals and families, institutions, or fund of funds products is a plus.
In addition to these responsibilities, this team member will also be called upon to perform due diligence, monitor, and report on 40-act SMA managers invested in by our clients. This includes the monitoring of portfolio positions, performance, and relative performance attribution for all SMA managers. They must be able to synthesize and communicate SMA manager views, performance, and attribution drivers in a clear and concise manner.
This team member will gain experience with Private Equity and Venture Capital as part of their role, which includes the identification, diligence, and investment in these strategies. Understanding the nuances of these types of investment strategies, their associated liquidity terms, and how they combine with client’s current holdings and liquidity needs is paramount.
One must be comfortable working independently and under tight deadlines. Creative, organized thinkers and those with the ability to drive a process from start to finish will find success.
The successful Portfolio Manager applicant will possess the following (although not all required):
- Strong academic achievement with an undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- Achievement CFA designation, or progress towards, strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of investment advisory, asset management or comparable experience required.
- In depth understanding of asset allocation, manager selection, and multi-asset portfolio construction. 3+ years of multi-asset portfolio management experience strongly preferred
- Experience with investment manager due diligence; experience with alternative strategies a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and be detail oriented
- The individual will be able to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks and have strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with various investment professionals and other business professionals around the firm
- The selected candidate should possess the ability to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and processes
- The selected candidate must be able to work well as part of a team and enjoy a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- The selected candidate should have strong computer skills, and written and oral communication.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with financial data platforms such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, FactSet, etc. is a plus.
- Programming skills such as MATLAB, Python/R, SQL are preferred but not required.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors