Index Management Researcher Sr. Associate
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure) https://www.msci.com/who-we-are/about-us Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric. MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community
Your Team responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Index Management Research organization in Monterrey, Mexico. As a Senior Associate in Index Management Research in Monterrey, you will be looked to primarily support the index maintenance process fixed income and equity index methodology topics through index automation, index rebalancing, market classification analysis, methodology consultation, amongst others. This will include time interacting directly with clients or over the phone and through email channels. There will also be some interaction as a liaison between internal teams such as IT, DCS, Corporate Events in project work streams.
The Senior Associate role will also be involved in general Index Management Research responsibilities such as index policy research and some assistance in new product development.
Your key responsibilities
•Serve as a source for client base methodological and research-based queries in the region. This is not an operational role.
•You will speak to methodology topics across our entire suite of index offerings. This will include helping to ensure that our corporate event and index methodologies remain consistent and predictable, that the construct is robust and comprehensive and that methodologies are dictated by a framework centered on market portfolio management practices and index replication.
•Contribution to consultation construction and client interaction and engagement is an important part of role
- 5-8 years direct or financial industry experience (a must).
- Excellent English Communication Skills, verbal and written. (a must).
- The candidate should ideally have some experience with fixed income and equity index investing and construction.
- Knowledge and familiarity around concepts of index maintenance and portfolio management / replication across asset classes is helpful.
- Experience presenting a committee level.
- Knowledge and familiarity in at least one of these programming languages: Matlab/Python/R/SQL is a must.
- Relevant experience and comfortability with client engagement.
- Good quantitative knowledge and analytical skills.
- A self-starter and highly motivated individual, with the ability to work individually and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team.
- Understanding of international financial institutions and global financial markets.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors