Credit Risk Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution!
The Credit Advisor will be in the Risk group within the Finance organization at SCE. The Risk group identifies, evaluates and communicates commercial procurement risks and recommends and monitors risk mitigations. The Advisor oversees the management of collateral for energy contracts and transmission interconnected generation projects. You will also participate on teams that procure renewable energy under standard contracts and less complex structured power purchase agreements.
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Reviews and negotiates changes to pro forma collateral instruments with issuers and counterparties.
- Approves acceptance, reduction, or release of collateral.
- Calculates collateral requirements and interest on cash security.
- Reviews and approves consents for collateral and contract assignments.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and communicates collateral management policy for T&D project security.
- Participates on negotiation teams as a risk expert and identifies collateral requirements to reduce exposure to contractual default.
- Collaborates and provides work direction to collateral specialists responsible for receiving, monitoring, and returning collateral.
- Stays well-informed of counterparty, industry, and regulatory actions to proactively address emerging credit risk issues.
- Responds to data requests from regulator and auditors.
- Identifies and supports the implementation of continuous improvement opportunities to improve collateral requirements and support the development and maintenance of documentation describing collateral management process.
- Works in a team environment collaborating with Sr. Advisors, contract managers, traders, credit and collateral specialists, financial analysts, and attorneys.
- Seven or more years of combined experience within any of the following areas: energy and/or transmission contract collateral administration/negotiation energy and/or transmission contract collateral administration/negotiation, financial/quantitative analysis, risk management, and/or Finance/Accounting related functions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- B.S Degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Law or related field.
- CPA/CFA Certification.
- Experience negotiating and amending credit & collateral provisions for purchase or sales agreements, master agreements (EEI, ISDA, NAESB), or bilateral contracts.
- Experience identifying, calculating, and analyzing risk exposure of contract portfolios and transactions.
- Experience analyzing and resolving credit risk and collateral requirements with counterparties.
- Experience with energy trading and credit risk systems (Endur, Credit Risk).
- Project management experience.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills to build consensus with internal/external partners and to build and maintain partnerships with support organizations and senior management.
- Demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and engage in continuous learning.