Vice President and Equity Analyst/ Senior Equity Analyst
Job ID: 1146
Employment Type: Permanent
With approximately CAD 180.8 billion in assets under management as of September 30 2021, Fiera Capital, an independent firm, is one of Canada’s leading investment managers. We deliver customized multi-asset solutions across public and private market asset classes to institutional, financial intermediary and private wealth clients across North America, Europe and key markets in Asia. We strive to be at the forefront of investment-management science, and we are passionate about creating sustainable wealth for clients. Fiera Capital is recognized for our talented people. Our teams collaborate and seek to draw on the global industry’s most innovative and diverse offerings to craft strategies that meet the needs of any client, anywhere they are located.
Why join Fiera Capital:
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
What we are looking for:
Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager, depending on the experience and expertise, the role could be Senior or a Junior Equity Analyst and will focus on the Information Technology sector. Secondary coverage and a desire to follow Consumer Discretionary will be a plus. The Analyst will be an integral part of the investment team participating in idea generation, company and industry analysis.
- Primary responsibility will be to follow companies within Information Technology sector (with emphasis on Software, Internet Infrastructure, e-commerce, Semiconductor, and Platform-oriented companies);
- Secondary coverage will be within the Consumer Discretionary sector;
- Emphasis is on companies in the Small and Mid-Cap space;
- Evaluate companies and dig deep into company specific fundamentals;
- Apply passion for long-term investing with a focus on generating alpha;
- Effectively communicate complex investment ideas and strategies to the investment team.
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Excellent Graduate/ Undergraduate credentials with and CFA desirable;
- Exposure to Quantitative skills an asset;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, buyside or sell-side equity research. Experience in Information Technology is a strong asset;
- Analytical tools like Factset, Bloomberg, programming skills;
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills.
The use of masculine is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both women and men.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us.