Independent Accountants’ Investment Counsel Inc. (IAIC) www.iaic.ca is a discretionary portfolio management company with offices in Waterloo and Listowel, Ontario and staff working remotely across Ontario. As part of the Independent Accountants’ Financial Group Inc. (IAFG) (www.iafgfirms.ca), IAIC is affiliated with the Independent Accountants’ Life Insurance Agency Inc. (IALIA) www.ialia.ca.
Established in 1999, IAIC currently manages about $3 billion in private client assets. We provide discretionary investment management and financial planning services for private clients, corporations, estates, foundations, and individual pension plans. IAIC and its affiliated referring CPA firms offer a unique value proposition for the client, carefully integrating investment management with the client’s financial plan and accounting and tax work. We invite you to visit our website at www.iaic.ca for more information about IAIC.
We are currently recruiting for a Compliance Manager (CM). As a senior member of IAIC’s compliance team, the CM will report to the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Compliance Officer and be responsible for conducting compliance functions in conjunction with regulations set by the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), Financial Transaction and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC), Privacy Commission of Canada (PIPEDA), and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). The CM will also be involved in assisting the affiliated referring CPA firms with their programs for maintaining compliance with the accounting profession’s code of professional conduct as it applies to the firms’ wealth management activities.
The CM will primarily work remotely, and report to work at our Waterloo, Ontario office, from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually develop and manage the company’s existing compliance program;
- Identify compliance-related projects to be considered for implementation, both within the Compliance department and cross-departmentally; and supporting corporate projects or initiatives from a compliance and regulatory perspective;
- Develop programs to proactively identify actual and potential non-compliance with regulatory requirements, internal policies and procedures and other applicable standards. Conduct appropriate inquires and investigations in relation to any such situations and ensure that appropriate corrective actions and/or risk mitigation actions are implemented in a timely manner or escalated;
- Assist the affiliated referring CPA firms with their programs for maintaining compliance with the accounting profession’s code of professional conduct;
- Provide assistance to the Chief Compliance Officer when responding to regulatory communications and audits;
- Develop and facilitate training programs for staff and wealth management staff of the affiliated referring CPA firms;
- With the members of the Compliance team, stay up-to-date on all relevant compliance-related changes and developments; and
- Address compliance-related questions from staff and provide appropriate recommendations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Compliance, Risk Management, Audit and/or and Legal background with 5+ years’ experience in financial services or related industry;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent is preferred;
- Obtained, or willingness to complete, the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) through the Canadian Securities Institute (CSI);
- The ability to initiate, embrace, and support change in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Analytical and interpretative skills; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate may also have:
- Obtained or working towards CPA/CIM/CFA designation; and
- Familiarity with the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) would be extremely beneficial.
If are you interested in a position with a successful and growing organization, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by noon on Thursday, January 27, 2022 via e-mail to:
Ward & Uptigrove Human Resources Solutions
Attention: Tonya Wilson, CTMP
We are committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those candidates selected for further screening will be contacted. No phone calls please.
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Corporate Finance Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Risk Management Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time