Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
ATB Capital Markets (ATBCM), the capital markets arm of ATB Financial, is a full-service investment dealer for key industries - Energy, Life Sciences and Diversified Industries. ATBCM provides institutional services including Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Financings, Debt Capital Markets, Acquisitions & Divestitures, Equity Research and Sales & Trading from offices based in Calgary, Toronto, and Denver and is a member firm of IIROC and FINRA.
Job Number: REQ3175
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Apply by: January 24, 2022
System Title: Institutional Researcher 8
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Waqar Syed
To support the growth of the research team, ATBCM is seeking a qualified and experienced Supervisory Analyst (SA) who can review and edit equity research reports to ensure it meets high standards of quality, consistency, accuracy, and compliance in accordance with regulatory and firm guidelines. The SA should have the appropriate IIROC and FINRA qualifications, and experience to assist research analysts and associates to publish research reports and other material in a timely manner. This position reports to the Director of Research, working with the entire research team and liaise with several groups across the firm including research, sales, trading, operations, and compliance.
- Edit research reports accurately and promptly, ensuring full compliance with the firm’s guidelines, brand standards and regulatory requirements of IIROC and FINRA.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and respond quickly as materials are submitted for review.
- Provide support to the research and ATBCM group as required for events, special projects, etc.
- Capable of meeting regulatory requirements for registration as a Supervisory Analyst under IIROC (CFA or equivalent, and two years of relevant experience) and FINRA (completion of relevant exams).
- Past experience as a Supervisory Analyst or a Senior Publishing Analyst in the Research Department of a Capital Markets firm a must.
- CFA or equivalent designation preferred as is a requirement for a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including detailed knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as a familiarity with Google G-Suite.
- Familiarity with financial data service providers and aggregators including Bloomberg, FactSet, Refinitiv, Capital IQ and CPMS/Morningstar.
- Knowledge of research publishing, document management, CRM and database systems and processes including knowledge of BlueMatrix and Salesforce would be an asset.
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are a match for this position, please consider applying.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
ATB Financial team members are required to disclose their COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination or complete COVID rapid testing as a condition of employment to help support client and team member safety. We thank all candidates in advance for their understanding.
Stay in touch!