Senior - IFRS | Lisbon/Oporto Office
Sobre a vaga
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Work with finance leaders to help organizations build an effective and efficient finance function and make better business decisions. You'll help clients balance their risks and opportunities in social, ethical and environmental factors that could impact business performance, and address their stakeholder reporting requirements. Your skills, deep technical knowledge, consulting and leadership skills, and industry insights will inspire confidence across a wide range of accounting, reporting and sustainability services.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participating in consulting projects related to the implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Participating in projects aimed at consolidating financial statements for international and local companies;
- Be part of projects related to process setup / improvement;
- Processing and preparing data for business analysis;
- Consulting with clients on complex and technical financial and accounting issues;
- Collaborating with partners, managers and clients to influence strategy, balancing risk and client expectations;
- Ensuring our engagement teams thoroughly understand our clients’ unique needs, ambitions and expectations;
- Building relationships with colleagues across multiple service lines to provide seamless, integrated service;
- Managing performance and identifying opportunities to improve our products and processes.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Analytical mindset;
- Attention to detail;
- A strong work ethic;
- Hands-on and pragmatic attitude;
- Focused on continuous improvement;
- Efficient and innovative;
- Creative, proactive, team player and critical thinking;
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Academic education in Economics, Finance, Accounting or similar fields of study;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Audit, Reporting and/or Consolidation;
- A good understanding and interest on general accounting rules, specifically SNC and IFRS rules (USGAAP is a plus);
- Practical experience with SNC to IFRS conversion projects, Consolidation, IFRS 16 and IFRS 15;
- Interest on problem solving situations with autonomy to research and discuss potential solutions;
- Good technical writing and presentation skills;
- Upper intermediate English level and be fluent in Portuguese.
What We Look For
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What Working At EY Offers
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next;
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way;
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs;
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.