Director of Finance
The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) seeks a senior management professional to serve as Director of Finance. This position provides strategic oversight for the finances of the AANS, its foundation, the Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation (NREF), and its data collection arm, the NeuroPoint Alliance. As a key member of the senior management team, the position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Leads the organization’s financial analysis process, including monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting for AANS, its foundation (NREF), its data-collection arm (NPA) and nine sections. Leads the development, implementation, and administration of the organization's financial systems and oversees operations. Collaborates with CFO on analyses to drive informed business decisions. Researches financial record-keeping and reporting requirements and ensures that systems are modified to meet these requirements.
- Direct the budgeting/forecasting process for AANS, NREF, NPA and nine sections
- Develop systems to ensure accurate, timely and effective budget development.
- Collaborate with staff leaders in the organization to develop budgets that align with organizational goals.
- Analyze and review preliminary budgets for errors and potential modification; advise on trends.
- Work with CFO, CEO, and Treasurer to ensure a balanced budget.
- Review annual budgeting process for modifications and enhancements.
- Manage quarterly forecasting process and help identify risks and opportunities.
- Build and maintain all the financial reports; ensure presentations communicate financial health and goals to non-finance audiences
- Generate data analysis for internal and external users
- Manage all the accounting software and the functionality
- Create financial analysis for use by management and physician leadership
- Assist with any future system and software changes
- Provide users with technical support
- 10 years of accounting and finance experience required; 7 years in association/non-profit management preferred; minimum of 5 years management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Previous experience with computer based financial systems including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budget systems and report generation necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics\Great Plains preferred.
- Proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership and managerial experience required
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated experience in working with association member leadership.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. COVID vaccination required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Travel required as needed, up to 10%. Occasional evening and weekend meetings and conference calls.
- Sr. Financial Analyst
- Staff Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- AP/AR Specialist
THE SEARCH PROCESS
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Tuft & Associates, ATTN: Karen Dunn Caspers, MSNM, CAE, firstname.lastname@example.org