Investment Analyst, Participant Directed and Non-Retirement Investments
Investment Analyst 3
About the Opportunity:
The Investment Analyst will assist with the monitoring and management of the defined contribution and non-pension assets and conduct due diligence used in hiring and monitoring investment managers, evaluate investment portfolio performance, and contribute to reporting efforts to SBI’s clients. The incumbent will work with other investment staff across the SBI team.
Minimum Qualifications –
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of professional investment experience in a finance or investment setting.
You must also demonstrate the ability to:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of finance, investment management, quantitative analysis, and investment analysis.
- Experience with financial modeling and data analytics.
- High degree of proficiency in utilizing data and information management systems and processes. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong communication, organizational, and relationship building skills. Ability to clearly articulate investments analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with multidisciplinary teams and with people from cultural backgrounds other than your own.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications –
- Successful completion, or enrollment in the program and continuous progress towards completion, of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program will be required of the successful applicant.
- Experience with investment-related analytical tools
- Possession of a Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field.
It is the policy of the Retirement Systems of MN that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past State employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- Driver's License Check
**The Retirement Systems will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.**
Why Work for Us:
The State of Minnesota also has over 100 state agencies, so the possibilities of serving our great state through a multitude of programs and roles are endless! The State of Minnesota also has our own Enterprise Talent Development department to keep your skills and knowledge sharp. You may also qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, which forgives the remaining balance of your student loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments!
What’s also great about this job is the competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including low cost/high value medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, retirement plan, health care savings plan, generous vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and numerous tax-deferred benefit options (e.g., 457B investment plan, long and short-term disability plans, etc.). Benefits offered are:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Parental leave
- Pension and retirement saving plan
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Long and short term disability insurance
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates can apply by clicking HERE.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Betsy Leftholz at email@example.com