UBC Investment Management Trust (IMANT) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of British Columbia, providing investment management for the UBC Endowment Fund, Staff Pension Plan and other UBC-related funds. The funds are invested across all major public and private asset classes and in aggregate value of $5.6 billion as of September 30, 2021.
The Associate will be responsible for supporting the investment team with transaction management, accounting, reporting and valuations. The Associate will also be assisting the Manager, Operations with corporate accounting, reporting and projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day investment operations functions including entering trade and cash transactions, reviewing accounting reports and completing supporting documentation (subscription packages, legal and regulatory documents)
- Ensure timely completion and reconciliation of various accounting and performance reports
- Investigate and resolve accounting and performance number discrepancies
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the clients and various Boards
- Assist with annual audits, preparation of financial statements and note disclosures
- Adhere to internal policies and procedures, financial controls and reporting requirements
- Continually strive for operational excellence; seek ways to streamline processes and to create operational efficiencies
- Respond to information and reporting requests from investment managers, clients, and internal team
- Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics or other related discipline
- Professional designations such as CPA, CFA are considered an asset
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in accounting/investment operations experience
- Strong analytical, financial and management accounting skills will be necessary to perform this role
- Advanced Excel skills and comfortable learning new systems
- Superior problem solving and research skills
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in a high performance work environment
Please note only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in this position.