Financial Analysis Advisor (Treasures)
Join the Clean Energy Revolution!
The Financial Analysis, Advisor (Treasures) is responsible for providing technical expertise in the revenue determination for high profile, high impact regulatory financial projects which have major financial and operational impacts to the Company. This position is essential to ensure the Company obtains recovery of its costs. This position is also responsible for key project management functions in support of regulatory compliance and CPUC directives including the General Rate Case and other cost recovery mechanisms.
In this role, the Advisor will interact independently with leaders across Finance and Regulatory Affairs to drive decisions and analyses to support the Budget, Outlook and Long-Term Planning activities. The Advisor is expected to apply strong technical knowledge and leadership to analyze financial results, challenge business assumptions and to drive to the best outcome.
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Provide technical expertise in revenue determination for the General Rate Case Application
- Project manage the Results of Operations Model design and implementation efforts, including the implementation of the new architecture and guidelines at the conclusion of each General Rate Case as needed and/or required
- Provide regulatory cost recovery project management for discrete CPUC proceedings, with activities including: planning, coordinating, and managing the regulatory cost recovery filing requirements that require Regulatory Affairs and cross-functional coordination
- Must have seven or more years of experience in the field of financial analysis or similar
- Able to present complex issues in a simple, logical, and succinct manner
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong grasp of corporate finance concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Business, or Technical Discipline
- CFA or CPA or Project Management Certificate
- Knowledgeable in the utility industry
- Understanding of how SCE determines its revenue requirements necessary to fund its activities
- Expertise in corporate finance, financial analysis, and critical thinking to identify and clearly communicate the resolution of unusually complex issues with innovative solutions
You should know…
Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!