Associate Portfolio Manager, Investment Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The CalSTRS Investments Branch is seeking an experienced individual to work as an Associate Portfolio Manager in the Investment Services unit.
Under the general direction of the Portfolio Manager, the incumbent provides supervision and independent analysis and consultation regarding the development and implementation of various risk management, investment program strategies, processes, and controls consistent with policies and procedures, using all available resources in order to meet objectives. The incumbent is responsible for performing the following complex duties requiring the highest degree of independence, confidentiality, creativity, and discretionary judgment.
Responsibilities of the Associate Portfolio Manager include:
- Providing leadership and oversight of the portfolio reconciliation, corporate action, and security master file maintenance functions within operations to ensure the integrity of CalSTRS data.
- Participating in the review of operational risk, including periodic risk assessments, internal control reviews, and provide feedback to mitigate operational risks.
- Supervising staff and participating in the personnel processes including recruitment, hiring, training and Performance Management.
- Providing oversight of the master custodian and other strategic business partner relationships (including our Global Tax Consultant) and service level agreements.
- Serving as a critical team member as outlined in the CalSTRS Investment Business Continuity Plan (IBCP).
This position is eligible for incentive compensation and has a maximum incentive opportunity of 50% of base salary.
An Associate Portfolio Manager who possesses a professional certification in one of the following designations: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) or Chartered Alternative Investment Analysts (CAIA) may receive a 5% monthly base pay differential. Only one 5% base pay differential is eligible regardless of the number of certifications.