Associate Analyst – Various Sectors
The Washington and Regulatory Research Team applies subject matter expertise to political, legislative, and regulatory developments affecting markets. The Associate Analyst (AA) will work closely with Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers across T. Rowe Price’s investment platform to aid in integrating public policy analysis into the investment process. Successful candidates will need a strong background in writing, stakeholder management, quantitative analysis, and public speaking – all with the goal of distilling complex information into “what matters most.” The AA should have a keen interest in markets and investing, a passion for understanding decision-making within the US government, and a commitment to intellectual rigor and honesty. The position will be based in Washington D.C. and the successful applicant will join a cohort of other AAs in a 3–5-year, structured program offering extensive training and mentoring, designed to develop future analysts.
T. Rowe Price – Who We Are
- Globally diversified investment management firm based in Baltimore, Maryland managing over $1.6 trillion in assets (as of 6/30/21) with offices in 12 countries
- Preeminent investment research organization that has consistently produced strong investment performance over the long term
- Analysts consistently recognized as some of the best in the industry
- Corporate culture based on diversity of thought, collaboration and development
- Conducting analysis of regulatory, legal, and policy decisions made across the US government, both at a federal (congressional, executive, agency, judicial) and local (state legislature, judicial) level; with the goal of forecasting likely outcomes and their implications for markets and particular companies
- Writing and publishing internal research, holding internal presentations of key findings, and engaging in stakeholder management to ensure our investment team has the most relevant, impactful information as quickly as possible
- Collaborating with the Washington and Regulatory Research Team, Portfolio Managers, and Research Analysts to produce cross-sector research; and contributing to projects with our Legislative and Regulatory Affairs, Risk, ESG, and Corporate Governance teams
- Facilitate meetings with subject matter experts and policy contacts; travel to meet with and interview subject-matter experts, policy contacts, and officials to gain insights relevant to our research process
- Daily opportunity to learn directly from our senior investment professionals
- Expectation to provide investment insight and impact the investment process
- Competitive compensation with significant upside potential for high performers
- Rigorous academic background with demonstrated intellectual curiosity, and talent for learning new concepts both quickly and comprehensively.
- Highly motivated, confident self-starter with the ability to work independently and with others
- Interest in equity investing; background and/or strong interest in finance preferred
- Effective communications skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct in-depth thematic research across a broad spectrum of topics which can be additive to the investment process
- Completion of at least Level 1 of the CFA preferred but not required
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.