Senior Equity Analyst - Family Office
- Generate fundamental research to assess value and identify investment opportunities in the equity market with particular focus on Greater China, North Asia and US, and discuss findings, position ideas and articulate the risk and potential return of recommendations to the investment team.
- Utilize a rigorous and thorough investigative process involving company visits, industry contacts, financial analysis, and other appropriate research analysis. Interact with company management teams and develop contacts to further industry knowledge.
- Analyze financial information relating to specific companies to determine how an organization is positioned and develop detailed financial models to refine valuations and feed into our research database.
- Conduct industry and company competitive analysis to determine the sustainability of returns and assess reasonableness using industry comparable.
- Monitor fundamental targets for current and prospective holdings on a regular basis and in response to changing market conditions, company events and industry news.
- Proactively develop and articulate recommendations for new investment ideas to add value to investment portfolios.
- Develop and maintain research tools including models, databases, and spreadsheets.
- • Perform other duties and special projects as needed and assigned. Projects will include due diligence related research, statistical analysis, and industry level analysis.
- 5 years or above of experience in equity research at a reputable firm, preferably from Hedge Fund and have Long-only experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Engineering, with excellent academic background
- CFA and/or MBA preferred, but not required
- Ability to efficiently and effectively research and summarize information, and communicate persuasive recommendations is required
- Proven logical thinker and prior experience with financial modeling and analysis
- Excellent intuitive math skills with a systematized and probabilistic way of thinking
- Excellent presence, communication (oral and written), presentation, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively articulate an investment thesis, offer different perspectives and receptive to feedback
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
- Ability to work independently within a collegial structure
- Enjoys asking questions, expressing opinions and being actively engaged in internal discussions regarding investment strategy and recommendations
- Passion for investing combined with a strong work ethic, integrity, and a commitment to individual development
- Possess a high level of self-initiative and comfortable taking educated risks
- Flexible, responsive, a keen attention to detail, inquisitive nature, and driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process
- Team-oriented and a willingness to learn
- Excellent PC skills using MS Office (Excel, Word), Bloomberg, or other financial services systems
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time