Strategic Analysis and Financial Planning Advisor
Join the Clean Energy Revolution!
Become a Strategic Analysis and Financial Planning Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be responsible for performing research and analyses to support the effective utilization and treatment of the Company’s financial assets. You will develop recommendations on long and short-term investments and risk management, devise pricing, capital expenditure and O&M expense, and capital recovery strategies to achieve corporate financial goals. You will also develop models to forecast business conditions, to support Corporate and departmental decision-making, review and assess impacts of changing regulations, develop and analyze data and writes compelling testimony and responses to regulatory agencies in support of rate, regulatory, and demand side management activities in compliance with regulatory requirements. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
As a Strategic Analysis and Financial Planning Advisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead the financial evaluation and analysis to support financial planning or strategic decision-making that have major financial or operational impact to the operating unit or company. This responsibility includes working and coordinating with counterparts in operating units during review process and addressing management
- Identify and handle resolution of unusually complex issues, identifying the appropriate analytical approach and reviewing, vetting and challenging key inputs, as appropriate. Issues typically require creative solutions, multiple scenario analyses, and communicating findings to executives
- Act as key consultant to Operational Finance and OUs and represents Finance on capital governance matters
- Provide feedback and supports efforts on new or updated capital governance guidelines, protocols, and processes, and communicate and educate others on changes
- Lead capital governance health assessments and post completion's review, which includes coordinating with project teams within OUs and Operational Finance. Presents finding to executives and governance forums
- Ensure capital governance guidelines and processes are followed. Communicates standard methodologies in project management governance
- Short and long-term financial modeling in Microsoft Excel and Utilities International (UI) Planner
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practice
- Seven or more years of experience in the field of financial or strategic planning and analysis
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills including complex statistical, financial and valuation modeling tying to presentation materials for senior management review
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience with regulated utility finance
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills including ability to communicate analyses and recommendations to senior management
- Completion of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program exam I, II or III, or AFP FP&A Certification
- Ability to work well under time constraints, adjust to changing priorities, coordinate a full workload, work well in a team environment, and perform with minimal direct supervision
- Experience developing, validating, and communicating statistical, financial, and valuation test models, assessing capital structures, and performing cost of capital calculations, as well as ensuring the accuracy and integrity of findings and recommendations