Senior Advisor - Financial Analysis
Join the Clean Energy Revolution!
Become a Senior Advisor, Financial Analysis at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be responsible for performing research and analyses to support the effective utilization and treatment of the Company’s financial assets. You will develop recommendations on long and short-term investments and risk management, devise pricing, capital expenditure and O&M expense, and capital recovery strategies to achieve corporate financial goals. You will also develop models to forecast business conditions, to support Corporate and departmental decision-making, review and assess impacts of changing regulations, develop and analyze data and writes compelling testimony and responses to regulatory agencies in support of rate, regulatory, and demand side management activities in compliance with regulatory requirements. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
As a Senior Advisor, Financial Analysis, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Develop cross functional relationships and interact with leaders across the company to provide guidance and lead the financial evaluation and development of business cases for capital projects and programs Apply strong critical thinking, problem solving, technical knowledge, and leadership to challenge business assumptions and drive decisions and analysis to support business cases Project Manage efforts and coordinate and ensure the appropriate involvement from various subject matter experts and support organizations across the company Lead various cross-organizational initiatives such as developing key financial metrics and governance, cost benefit realization analysis, and other cross functional initiatives Routinely prepare executive level presentations and present recommendations to the division VP and CFO as required Business Case Analysis: Lead the financial evaluation and development of business cases for capital projects or capital program reviews that have a major financial or operational impact to the operating unit or company. This responsibility includes determining and pursuing courses of action necessary to obtain desired results and influencing counterparts in operating units during capital reviews Problem Solving and Decision Support: Identify and manage resolution of complex issues, developing least cost or cost benefit analysis as appropriate. Will interact independently with leaders across the company to drive decisions and analysis to support investment justification. Issues typically require innovative solutions and multiple scenario analyses Ad-hoc Financial Analysis: Provide and/or oversee financial analysis support for corporate financial strategy and other corporate initiatives. Provide leadership on cross-functional teams on planning activities that have significant financial impact or risk to SCE. Represents Finance with other departments, and/or other parties as required. Acts as a key consultant to senior management on financial issues. The senior advisor may also be asked to lead other financial initiatives seeking affordability savings across the company Principal lead for providing advisory support to Operation Units on day-to-day operational drivers that impact financials, pressure test business decisions, and development of Operating Plans, General Rate Case activities, and other regulatory filings
- Ten or more years of experience in the field of business, financial, or strategic planning and analysis or similar
- Advanced Excel skills including complex statistical, financial and valuation modeling tying to presentation materials for senior management review
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience working in a finance department within a regulated utility company
- Experience managing full life cycles of large, critical financial projects
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills including ability to communicate analyses and recommendations to senior management
- Experience working under pressure, adjust to changing priorities, organize a heavy workload, work well in a team environment, and perform with minimal supervision
- Experience leading projects and working with cross-functional teams, effectively collaborating with peers, management, and other organizations
- Strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning
- Background in corporate finance, financial analysis, and critical thinking to identify and clearly communicate the resolution of unusually complex issues with innovative solutions
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Lean Six Sigma certification or equivalent field work