Aladdin Tax Investment Accounting, Vice President
About Aladdin & Aladdin Accounting:
Aladdin is our operating system for managing financial portfolios. It unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step of the investment process. Aladdin exists so that every financial professional can see, understand, and act with clarity. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making. The platform builds a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide. Aladdin Accounting offers customized investment accounting services to a broad range of global financial institutions. Aladdin Accounting provides flexible solutions to specific client needs, including:
- Data management
- Trade and custody operations
- Derivative operations
- Production of accounting reports in multiple bases (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, Statutory, and Tax)
- Comprehensive custodian reconciliation and performance measurement
- Work closely with Aladdin product managers and engineers to foster the value proposition of the Aladdin Accounting platform, specifically around US Tax for investments, and successfully implement technology solutions.
- Research and apply US Tax law to ensure system compliance for clients’ investments
- Meeting with partners to make communication easy and transparent regarding project status and decisions on services.
- Ensure strategic builds are coordinated efficiently among the collective internal partners and ensure engagement toward the Aladdin Accounting vision remains a focus.
- Coordinate with clients and the broader 1Aladdin & BlackRock production teams to optimize processes, system usage, and optimize platform capabilities
- Provide investment tax expertise on various conventional (i.e., bonds/fixed income, equities, bank loans, etc.) and non-conventional investment types (i.e., Alternatives, Mortgage Loans, Derivatives) building proficiency as client needs evolve.
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities, assisting in system validations and due diligence meetings with prospective clients.
- 4-6 years of work experience in US Tax for investments (asset owners); GAAP and/or Statutory experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of US Tax law applicable to investments for asset owners
- Ability to research, synthesize, and apply accounting guidance, including ability to teach tax/accounting concepts to non-practitioners
- Experience implementing or using Accounting technology products or investment software
- Knowledge of the following asset classes: Securities, Alternatives, Mortgage Loans, or Derivatives
- Be client focused, proficiency working within a collaborative team, and be passionate about providing a high quality of service to the client
- Post Graduate Experience, CFA, or CPA, a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize with a hands-on approach, ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively, conflict resolution, problem solving, risk management.
- Proven track record to influence cross-functional teams, from presenting conceptual ideas to execution
To apply please visit this link: