Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst
Who We Are
A fundamental, concentrated, long only asset management firm located in Chicago.
We are a nearly $2 billion US public equity investment firm with multiple, low turnover strategies with exceptional long-term performance.
Who You Are
An entrepreneurial, talented, and passionate individual who is looking for the opportunity to join our dedicated research team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working autonomously and possesses a genuine interest in company research and analysis, as well as a strong desire to contribute to our unique research process.
The Research Analyst will be a member of a small, highly integrated, and interactive research team focused on identifying and monitoring investments for the firm’s investment portfolios.
In this role you will perform in-depth company analysis that is aimed at quantitatively and qualitatively evaluating investment opportunities. Travel is required in order to meet with company management teams, perform customer, supplier, and competitor due diligence, and to attend industry conferences, trade shows, and factory tours.
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Passion for investing and a genuine interest in the financial markets
- Extensive experience with financial modeling, analysis, and review of financial statements
- Proficiency in accounting and/or finance
- Ability to communicate complex business attributes and characteristics as well as key points clearly and efficiently
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of the research team
- Ability to think independently and have a contrarian mindset
- Proficiency with Bloomberg, FactSet, and other data applications
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant research or operational experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA and/or CFA is preferred
Please email your resume and an example of your research and thought process with a written company recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.