Quantitative Equity Researcher/Portfolio Manager
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. Primary Purpose of the Position T. Rowe Price seeks an experienced Quantitative Equity Researcher/Portfolio Manager. The Quantitative Equity Researcher/Portfolio Manager manages a pool of assets in accordance with the respective investment charter to maximize the risk-adjusted investment performance of the portfolio and in turn to increase the assets under management for the firm. This is accomplished by implementing our investment insights, stock selection models, and making decisions on appropriate portfolio structure to achieve the desired risk-return and style profile. The Researcher/PM will spend a portion of time on quantitative research and development efforts, focusing on quantitative research for building stock selection models and to support the expansion of the quantitative research group's activities including improving models and processes for the platform.
As a senior member of the team, this role will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Enhance investment performance through idea generation
- Contribute to quantitative research efforts
- Generate insights on current market opportunities and portfolio positioning
- Execute research and effectively integrate insights from quantitative and fundamental disciplines
- Serve as a bridge between the systematic and fundamental components of the investment process
- Represent the products to both internal constituents and external clients
- Strong and relevant academic credentials (MBA preferred).
- A minimum of 10+ years of investment experience, with an in-depth knowledge of quantitative alpha research and modeling, portfolio construction, and optimization and risk management.
- In-depth understanding of the leading-edge signal models used for alpha generation and the multi-factor models for portfolio construction and optimization. At the same time, the successful candidate must also possess a true appreciation for fundamental investing and the belief that traditional equity research, when combined with quantitative models, can provide stronger investment results than adherence to either a fully quantitative or fully fundamental discipline.
- Experience with and a belief in investment processes that combine quantitative methodologies with fundamental investment insights. A passion for investing and the ability to interact with fundamental investment colleagues on a thematic or stock level will be critical to success in the role.
- Significant experience managing equity portfolios. Experience monitoring and risk managing portfolios using intuition and understanding of quantitative signals, market fundamentals and investor behavior.
- Ability to engage with both quantitative and fundamental researchers to develop new investment insights.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to explain and discuss sophisticated investment products and strategies. Experience preparing and presenting periodic portfolio reviews for external clients and consultants due diligence meetings.
- A strong teamwork orientation with the ability to develop effective international/external working relationships.
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.