Wealth Management Sr. Portfolio Manager
The Senior Portfolio Manager position requires a broad and deep understanding of sophisticated wealth management practices and investment strategies. The Senior Portfolio Manager actively participates in the retention of existing clients, including assisting in the preparation and presentation of client proposals and reconciling account assets. The ideal candidate will have extensive investment expertise and will be able to operate in a semi-autonomous and entrepreneurial environment while maintaining a sales and client-centered focus.
Senior Portfolio Managers are team players and methodical business builders with experience and expertise as trusted portfolio managers serving the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth individuals, families, and institutions. The position requires an exceptional understanding of the full range of investment expertise in wealth management and related products, services, and processes.
- Lead in-depth discussions on asset allocation, risk, investment performance, economic, and financial market trends with clients.
- Meet with clients on a quarterly basis, or as needed, to review portfolio performance and present appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare and present in-depth materials to prospective clients.
- Evaluate financial products and services on the Wealth Management platform and recommend changes when necessary.
- Analyze investment performance of designated accounts and third-party portfolio managers utilized within the Wealth Management department.
- Design and implement investment strategy within the Wealth Management division
- Buy, sell, and trade securities for accounts in accordance with policies established by the Investment Committee.
- Complete assigned account annual reviews (“Reg-9” reviews) and related paperwork and records maintenance.
- Guide and mentor less experienced portfolio managers.
- Maintain a high service level by working closely with Private Wealth Advisors, Trust Officers, and department managers.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of seven years investment and fiduciary portfolio management experience required
- MBA or advanced degree in Finance or related fields preferred
- CFA, CFP, CIMA or other advanced accreditations required
- Advanced understanding of fiduciary wealth management required
- Strong, successful track record that meets or exceeds goals set consistently
- Ability to foster teamwork and motivate colleagues required
- Client-centered focus with excellent strategic thinking ability and consultative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated experience in effective account / relationship management required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Account management
- Capacity to work with demanding clients and diverse groups of people
- Wealth management and investment management industry knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Enthusiastic, positive energy
- Flexibility to accommodate work outside normal business hours
- Sitting / standing for extended periods of time
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile, and/or bus
At United, we value all of the relationships we have built since 1839. We are committed to providing each relationship with an unmatched level of service. While we offer competitive products, services, rates, and technology, the level of service we provide and our commitment to building relationships is what sets us apart from our competitors. Our 211 full-service banking offices and 15 loan origination offices in West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina and Washington, D.C. are each built on customer service and commitment to the community. United is backed by a history of safe, sound and secure banking practices that have allowed us to navigate through decades of changing economic environments. Because of this, our employees, customers, shareholders and communities can rely on us to be their banking partner for decades to come. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Equal Opportunity Employer.