Structured Products Credit Analyst
Structured Products Credit Analyst
NYSIF Investments - New York City
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), with over $20 billion of assets under management, is seeking an experienced structured products credit professional to assist in managing its structured products portfolio of approximately $4 billion. This position reports to the Senior Portfolio Manager for Structured Products. Salary will be commensurate with
Structured Products Credit Analysts analyze a variety of complex structured products to identify sound investment opportunities in both the primary and secondary markets. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Research and analyze collateral, issuers and structures for the main structured product security types in which the portfolio currently invests (i.e., ABS, CMBS, RMBS, and CLOs) on a daily basis using internal and external tools
• Produce written reports including structured product evaluations and quarterly updates, credit memos, and industry reviews
• Utilize vendor-based research and tools to reflect changes in structured products modeling assumptions and to incorporate that analysis into recommendations and reports
• Provide fundamental and relative value research to generate structured product driven investment ideas and strategies to enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk, exercising prudence in balancing both risk and expected return
• Maintain relationships with sell-side strategists to achieve best ideas within structured products
• Perform ongoing due diligence and surveillance of structured product portfolio positions, and communicate updates in a timely fashion
• Support the Senior Portfolio Manager for Structured Products, as needed, on any ad hoc projects, including the oversight of any externally managed investment mandates for structured products
Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications; an MBA or CFA designation is preferred. Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in structured product credit analysis, preferably at a “buy-side” institution. Seeking candidates with the following attributes:
• Strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior management, and a track record of individual initiative
• Experience using standard evaluation tools such as: Intex Calc, Trepp, eMBS, Markit, Bloomberg, Yieldbook and Point. Andrew Davidson Vector and Blackrock Aladdin a plus.
• Programming skills and VBA/SQL a plus.
Primary Location: New York City
Telecommuting: NYSIF has a telecommuting program
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note the following New York State Civil Service employment information:
• Jurisdictional classification: Exempt
• Bargaining unit: Management/Confidential
• Civil Service title: Special Investment Officer
NYSIF was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law. NYSIF's mission is to guarantee the availability of workers’ compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to all New York employers and to foster healthy outcomes with timely, appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers,
while maintaining a solvent fund. For more than a century, NYSIF has fulfilled the dual roles for which it was created: to compete with other carriers to ensure a fair marketplace and to be a guaranteed source of coverage for employers who cannot secure coverage elsewhere.
NYSIF is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in New York State and among the 10 largest in the nation, insuring more than 145,000 policyholders with over $1.4 billion in annual premium and $20 billion in assets. A self-supporting insurance carrier, NYSIF operates without taxpayer funding.
In addition to workers’ compensation insurance, NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 65,000 New York employers. In 2018, NYSIF added Paid Family Leave as a component of its disability benefits solution providing New Yorkers with job protected
paid time away from work to care for their families.