Investment Analyst, Korea Equity
- Primarily responsible for fundamental research of companies in Korea. This includes quantitative analysis of corporate balance sheets, operating parameters, financial parameters, earnings model, valuation model, etc., of companies in our investment radar.
- Identify midcap companies which has core competency in the changing business environment and has potential of delivering sustained earnings over a longer period of time. As part of the analysis, the responsibility includes meeting company managements and visiting company's manufacturing facilities.
- Identify macroeconomic trends of the regional economics and analyse corporate development and make good judgement of earnings outlook.
- Make own investment decisions in simple matters within agreed limits.
- Expects to perform certain administrative support in the followings such as attends regular team weekly and quarterly investment meetings and contribute to discussions, provides administrative support to Investment Directors and Fund Managers by monitoring the model portfolios and maintaining spreadsheets, financial models, updates market and securities database and prepare weekly/quarterly reports, assists in preparing materials for investment meetings and client reports.
- University degree holder, preferably with CFA, CA or MBA qualification
- 4-5 years buy side or sell side research experience
- Licenses 1, 4 and 9
- Exposure in Asia ex Japan market including Korea
- Solid & mature personality
- Good communication skills
- Fluent spoken & written in English and Korean languages
- Articulate, presentable, and showing initiative
- Strong team player
- Good analytical skills
- Strong PC skills