Associate Investment Analyst (Bio Tech Pharma)
JUNIOR INVESTMENT ANALYST – BIO TECH PHARMA KAUFMANN TEAM - NYC
Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Hermes Inc. (NYSE: FHI) for world-class investment solutions. Federated Hermes has grown to become one of nation's largest investment managers with $634 billion in assets under management. Federated Hermes is a global leader in active responsible investing with one of the largest engagement and stewardship teams in the world representing over $1 trillion in assets under advisement.
Federated Hermes' Kaufmann team, one of the industry's most experienced growth teams, has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, curious, science-oriented individual to enter the world of finance. If you have an interest in applying your love of science with a career in money management, this is a chance to join our team in our New York City office as an Associate Investment Analyst, focusing on growth-oriented stocks in the exciting bio tech pharma sector. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, self-starter who is passionate about finding answers and who can grasp scientific and medical concepts. This person will also be willing to travel to medical/scientific/pharmaceutical investment meetings and conferences, interview medical/scientific professionals, successfully network and will have the ability to eagerly and fluidly move from one project to the next without missing a beat. Read on for more details.
- Provide portfolio support to Portfolio Manager in the bio tech pharma sector by reviewing scientific literature and patents, interviewing key opinion leaders, attending medical, scientific and pharmaceutical meetings and conferences, keeping up to date on R&D in the pharma industry, clinical research including vaccines, etc.
- Conduct research and analysis of industry groups or individual securities as assigned
- Analyze financials and build earnings models and performance indices
- Review analyst and company reports
- Track specific industry statistics
- Assist in analyzing portfolios versus benchmarks
- College degree required; emphasis in chemistry, biological sciences, pharmacy, pre-med, or related major preferred with some course work in accounting, finance, and/or economics
- Up to 3 years of experience covering the bio tech pharma sector in a financial or consulting organization or work experience in a medical, clinical, scientific, research related organization is a plus
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (major and overall) preferred
- Extensive Excel experience required; financial modeling construction experience preferred
- Strong desire to pursue career as an investment professional
- Strong analytical and research skills
For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes' employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.
For consideration, go to https://careers.federatedinvestors.com/psp/EXT/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=11&JobOpeningId=8341&PostingSeq=1