Senior Investment Analyst, Multi Strategy Research
The Senior Investment Research Analyst will assist in sourcing, researching, conducting analysis and due diligence and monitor third party investment solutions that are eligible for Key Private Bank client investment. The position will be a part of the Key Private Bank Investment Center and particularly the Multi-Strategy Research (MSR) Team. The position will work closely with Senior Lead Analysts. MSR develops, constructs, monitors and manages a broad platform third-party managed strategies and total portfolio solutions comprised of a variety of asset classes and access vehicles. The Analyst will report to the Managing Director of Portfolio Strategy and Multi-Strategy Research
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Senior Lead Analysts in sourcing attractive investment solutions using all available resources including databases, intermediaries, industry conferences and networks
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis under an established framework to determine if strategies should be considered for the KPB platform
- Conduct manager calls, reference calls and in-person due diligence visits with leaders of investment firms. Some travel is required but will be modest.
- Work with Senior Lead Analysts to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data in an efficient, coherent Recommendation Memo that outlines the rationale, risks, attributes and supporting data.
- Present conclusions to internal teams, client-facing colleagues and potentially directly to KPB clients
- Monitor investment solutions and conduct periodic due diligence calls. Complete quarterly and annual monitoring reports for strategies under coverage in accordance to strict deadlines
- Contribute to broader communications such as articles, white papers and conference calls
- Complete ad-hoc projects as needed
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field.
- Obtained or is currently pursuing investment management oriented designation or advanced degree
- Natural curiosity and a passion for capital markets, investing and continuous learning
- 4-6 years of experience in the investment management or investment consulting field.
- Experience with various public equity strategies such as fundamental, quantitative, factor-based and passive.
- Understanding of quantitative risk models to assist in manager analysis and portfolio construction
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Exceptional writing, editing, presentation and design skills.
- Proficiency or ability to quickly learn systems such as Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, Backstop and Venn by Two Sigma
- Excellent organizational skills and a process-oriented mindset