The Investment Manager is responsible for portfolio construction, analysis, and implementation for $485 million Assets Under Management, and will report directly to the Operations Director. The Investment Manager should possess strong attention to detail, critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities as well as high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, concise writing skills, and strong math background. While not required, a degree in finance, economics, math or accounting is recommended. CFA candidate or charter holder preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development and management of discretionary and managed portfolio performance, adjustments, and tactical changes as a result of market conditions
- Development and rebalancing of static portfolios for non-discretionary managed portfolios.
- Develop investment recommendations/model portfolio for client accounts (internal and external) and document rationale for selections, including expense ratios (each fund and then model level), Acceptable AUM levels, volume, manager tenure for mutual funds, tracking error, etc.
- Ongoing review of investment options available to clients and proposals for items that may warrant consideration (e.g. Non-Traded REITs, Structured Notes, Private Equity, Annuities etc…)
- Internal reporting, such as 3rd party portfolio risk analysis, capital gains tax analysis, cost basis determination and analysis, trade corrections tracking, client drift report for rebalancing
- Development of client-facing investment-related materials such as Annual Investment Process Presentation, model portfolios (as models change), Charts for client summary letters (as models change), analysis using Morningstar for outside-held investment accounts or Ameriprise brokerage holdings, Portfolio review of outside-held investment accounts for competitive analysis, discretionary model portfolio changes summaries
- Obtain verbal authorization and record receipt for trades
- Meet with clients and external wholesalers as necessary
- Participate in conferences, marketing events and client appreciation events
- Prepare agenda for and perform follow-up from monthly Investment Committee meetings
- Prepare materials and conduct Market Update calls as conditions warrant
- Ongoing study and review of compliance changes and industry tools/resources to supervise direct reports and train and instruct company service team to ensure compliance with company and industry standards
- Develop efficient trading/operations with the client service team to monitor and complete investment department tasks including but not limited to trading, brokerage liquidations, brokerage purchases, trade corrections, managed account rebalancing, excess cash investment, Roth conversations, etc
- Generate excess cash reports every two weeks and gather investment needs from service team to ensure every account has been evaluated by staff
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer