***Please note we will only consider applications received by email per instructions below***
Disciplined Growth Investors (DGI) is offering a paid internship during the Summer of 2022.
DGI’s mission is to enrich lives through long-term investing. Long-term investing requires more than just a passion for finance. It requires a passion for solving problems by using insights from many disciplines. Therefore, we are interested in hearing from candidates from all academic backgrounds, ranging from finance and economics to STEM and liberal arts.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in ambiguous environments, love solving challenging problems, and who will relentlessly pursue the truth. The ideal candidate strives for excellence, is not afraid to fail, and has an innate passion to learn and improve. They are intellectually honest, curious, and will defend and/or challenge controversial ideas.
As an intern, you will assist us in our mission by working closely with our investment, technology, and operations teams. Our internship program regularly selects multiple interns; it is likely you will have the opportunity to work alongside, and learn from, other interns with different interests and backgrounds.
The internship may include, depending on your skills and interests, the following:
- Researching industries, building models, and presenting new stock ideas
- Building, cleaning, and maintaining various internal information systems and databases
- Analyzing proprietary investment data and challenging our investment process and philosophy
- Developing scripts to automate current workflows and aggregating proprietary data for study
- Creating visualizations and dashboards of relevant data
We do not require existing competency with any software platforms, as most of it can be learned onsite. However, knowledge of any of the following is beneficial:
- Tableau / Power BI
- Python / Matlab / etc.
In preparation for the application, we highly encourage you to study DGI’s website (www.dginv.com) and publications. To apply, please submit the following:
- Resume (max one page)
- Essay – please teach us about a topic you find interesting or are passionate about (max one page)
- Email the above items to email@example.com before 11:59 PM on January 31, 2021. ***We will only consider applications received by email.***
- For organizational purposes, please submit all attachments in PDF format and include your last and first name in the subject line. Example: Last.First.Application
- The ability to work regular working hours in downtown Minneapolis is required. While our internship will not likely lead to a full-time role at Disciplined Growth Investors in the near-term, our interns have historically had success finding full-time roles in industry following their internship.
If you have specific questions regarding the position, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org