Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Available locations: Toronto, ON; Membertou, NS
We are building products that prove that companies that do good, do well. That’s not as easy as it sounds, so we need smart, passionate people who feel the same way and an unfaltering trust in data.
Orenda is a unique, timely and in-market innovation based in ESG methodology. It provides an AI – based alternative dataset tailored to the needs of the financial market. Orenda’s datasets are expansive, currently covering more than 15,000 equities around the world and backed by decades of social science research. Orenda is a Canadian company, established in 2015. In 2021, Orenda became a SIX company. SIX operates the infrastructure for the Swiss and Spanish Stock Exchanges, catering to a broad, international client base. It provides services relating to securities transactions, the provision of financial information and banking services.
Orenda seeks a bright, motivated, and energetic individual with a passion for financial modelling and an eagerness to make a difference in how ESG data is used in financial decision-making. The right candidate will be intellectually curious and a highly professional person willing to foster strong working relationships with our shareholders, stakeholders, and global customers. You will expand on Orenda’s existing body of research and leverage that research as we explore new and innovative ways to combine alternative data with traditional financial data sets. This role provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the greatest minds in the financial and capital markets.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the CEO, research team and development team in advancing ESG product development at Orenda
- Supporting ESG thought leadership for our shareholders, stakeholders and customers
- Contributing to the development and enhancement of Orenda’s ESG products and positioning in the market
- Supporting complex ESG analysis across all asset classes (translation of data analytics, portfolio optimization, asset pricing models, statistical analysis, trading signals, predictive models, and similar).
- Candidate should hold a degree with an emphasis on Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Experience in portfolio construction, optimization, and analysis across multiple asset classes.
- Should possess proficiency in R programming or Python.
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Should have experience in ESG/Sustainable finance or Impact Investing
- Must be a strong self-starter and able to work well independently and in a high-performing environment.
- Exhibit high attention to detail and accuracy, while meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
At Orenda, we are inclusive of all and encourage applications from qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. We are thankful to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send resume to: email@example.com + Subject Line - include the position you are applying to.
More searches like this
- C-Suite Level Management Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Economics Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Equities Research: Buy Side Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Equities Research: Sell Side Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Information Technology, Software CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters