Senior Valuation Consultant
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
- 2021 Top Workplaces USA
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
CBIZ Valuation Group is a national company that excels as a premier full service valuation advisory firm. We are known for our comprehensive services (financial, real estate, machinery, and equipment), industry expertise and professionalism. As one of the largest independent valuation firms in the United States, CBIZ Valuation Group has handled assignments for some of the nation’s largest companies as well as middle-market companies.
The Consultant works as a member of the Client Services group in providing outstanding service to our valued clients, and works directly with clients under the supervision of an engagement manager . Our Valuation Consultants perform all aspects related to the financial analysis and valuation of business enterprises, stock or other equity interests and intellectual property.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Perform all aspects of client field work relating to valuation engagements under the direct supervision of senior consultants and above
- Execute valuations for financial reporting (e.g., business combinations, goodwill impairment testing, stock options, etc.), tax reporting, and strategic planning purposes
- Prepare and review valuation models, including discounted cash flow (DCF), guideline public company, and transaction method
- Communicate and work with a broad client base consisting of private equity firms, publicly-traded companies, venture-backed companies, etc.
- Understanding of, and ability to compute, financial ratios and perform comparisons among various comparable companies
- Ability to learn and perform business and derivative valuations using option pricing models and Monte Carlo analysis
- Possess and apply analytical, communication, and business writing skills as it relates to individual client assignments
- Extensive research and report writing
- A degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and experience in valuation or consulting a plus
- ASA, CFA, CPA or other relevant certification or progress towards one of these certifications is desired but not required.
- Travel may be required.
- Proficient computer ability relative to the constructing of complex formulas and macros.