Risk Management Senior Business Analyst
7 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
William Blair Investment Management is committed to building enduring relationships with our clients. We work closely with private and public pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors. We are 100% active-employee-owned with broad-based ownership. Our investment teams are solely focused on active management and employ disciplined, analytical research processes across a wide range of strategies, including U.S. equity, non-U.S. equity, U.S. fixed income, emerging markets debt, and multi-asset. William Blair is based in Chicago with global resources providing expertise and solutions to meet our clients’ evolving needs.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop risk management tools, techniques, and control processes. Contribute to the development and enhancement of components within the WBIM Risk Management Framework.
- Perform a wide range of hands-on activities as necessary to ensure successful completion of risk management related initiatives.
- Develop risk management deliverables, including reports, control documents, and RFP responses. Ensure all deliverables contribute to an actionable and effective Risk Management Program.
- Refine, enhance, and support William Blair Investment Management’s business continuity processes. Business continuity processes must be actional and effective.
- Facilitate and support quarterly risk identification / risk assessment exercises.
- Leverage productivity tools such as Power BI and Excel to support the Risk Reporting Component of the Risk Management Framework.
- Support William Blair Investment Management’s phishing campaigns.
- Actively contribute as a business analyst or project manager on a wide range of projects within Investment Management. Projects will focus on risk management objectives and other initiatives within Investment Management.
- Develop and maintain strong project, business, and technology subject matter expertise as necessary to become a strong contributor on a wide range of projects.
- Plan and facilitate project discussions. Set agendas, run meetings, and send meeting notes.
- Develop project plans. Drive project execution. Coordinate project staff and vendors, ensuring projects meet timing, budget and quality objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required
- 5+ years of business analysis, project management, or risk management experience within the investment industry with increasing levels of responsibility and demonstrated success.
- Strong business analysis skills
- Basic project management skills
- Core understanding of enterprise risk management concepts
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to convey technical concepts to multiple audiences
- Strong knowledge of investment industry concepts and market trends and their potential impact on firm business strategies and operations
- Commitment to quality, including satisfying internal and external customers
- Proven ability to take ownership of issues and see them to resolution
- Proven ability to influence outcomes without formal authority
- Proficient with Power BI and Excel
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.