Equity Analyst - EOG Group - Sterling Capital Management
The Equity Opportunities Group (EOG) of Sterling Capital Management LLC, a subsidiary of Truist Financial Corporation, seeks an experienced equity analyst to be based with the team in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The analyst hired will join a seasoned and successful investment team that has exhibited an attractive record of outperformance over the last 20+ years. The successful candidate will face a broad array of duties and assignments, including monitoring current equity investments and those under consideration, financial modeling, maintaining various spreadsheets and databases, authoring commentaries needed for client communications and marketing, support of product specialist teams, and generating investment recommendations as a generalist to the entire team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a summary of the essential job functions. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Construct financial models on subject companies.
- Analyze and understand company financial statements, public filings, and various forms of investment research.
- Interview company managements, Wall Street analysts, and industry contacts.
- Prepare written reports on companies under coverage.
- Recommend securities to be included in the EOG portfolios.
- Review and provide feedback on other analysts’ investment recommendations.
- Effectively communicate with clients and consultants regarding Sterling’s investment management process.
- A keen interest in and familiarity with the equity markets, and a desire to be engaged with the markets daily
- Experience in fundamental bottom-up research and analysis and delivering recommendations (orally and in writing) in an organized, concise, and impactful manner
- Comfort in exchanging ideas in a group setting among peers, and defending the investment merits of recommended ideas
- Independent thought, primary research, and fact based analysis are highly valued
- Demonstrated writing experience that may be used to assist the team with quarterly commentaries and individual securities write-ups
- The ability to travel as needed to research conferences and/or client meetings
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4+ years of professional equity analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Thorough knowledge of equity securities and their attributes
- High level of technological competence
- Strong communications skills
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office Software products, Factset and/or Bloomberg
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
- CFA designation and/or MBA