Senior Investment Associate - Private Credit
The Senior Investment Assis responsible for the origination, analysis, execution and management of investment grade debt private placements for LGIMA clients.ociate This role will be focused on corporate issuers across a wide range of industries and will help develop new investment opportunities within the structured finance sector.
LGIMA private credit in the US was founded in 2017 and is focused on covering transactions from issuers based in North America and Australia with a focus on both corporate private placements and infrastructure debt investments. It is part of a global team that is comprised of more than 20 investment professionals managing a growing global portfolio of more than $15 billion. LGIMA’s internal L&G affiliates have been increasing their demand for illiquid investments and have made substantial commitments to grow the private credit portfolio managed by LGIMA.
- Help filter new potential investments according to value and suitability for LGIMA clients and their private credit portfolios based upon fundamental and detailed investment analysis.
- Work closely with the colleagues in the private credit investment and credit teams in Chicago and London to analyze potential investments and to negotiate and execute transactions in line with client requirements to obtain the best value.
- Help pro-actively manage existing investments by reviewing regular reports and managing waivers and approvals according to the relevant procedures. Our approach is to seek to address any issues early on and to update our risk views in real time.
- Help manage key internal and external counterparty and borrower relationships.
- Support the marketing process to new investor clients where required as well as helping with the marketing of private credit investment solutions to borrowers and other market participants.
- Support the formulation of the broader investment strategy by identifying transactions and sub-sectors that could be appropriate investment targets for LGIMA clients.
- Help support the provision of on-going client reporting and contribute to the periodic review of private credit procedures.
- The candidate is likely to have 5-10 years’ experience in buy-side debt private placements with experience across multiple sectors in corporate debt. Successful candidates may also have experience in a bank credit program and have familiarity with rating agency methodologies.
- The role requires reviewing large numbers of transactions to identify suitable investments that align with LGIMA’s focus on strong relative value and the ability to structure and execute transactions which achieve the required credit rating is critical.
- The candidate will need to be organized, focused, and self-motivated with strong communication and analytical skills.
- It is necessary to be able to work with a variety of investment formats and also to be able to structure a transaction entirely in house if required.
- Strong financial modeling skills are an advantage and detailed knowledge of investment documentation is also important.
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.