CLO/ABS Research Analyst
LGIM America has about $262 billion of assets under management. The firm is a significant holder of global equity, fixed income, derivatives and currency exposure.
A CLO/ABS Research Analyst will assist Portfolio Managers within LGIM America’s Fixed Income Team. The analyst will create and/or maintain models, aggregate data, and interact with management teams to help assess a CLO’s risk/return profile. The analyst will work closely with client portfolio managers, traders, and other research analysts in the construction of portfolios.
Initially the CLO/ABS Research Analyst will be responsible for CLO manager selection. In addition, the analyst will recommend specific CLOs that offer advantageous risk/return profiles. The analyst will evaluate investment documents, strategies and perform other due diligence. The focus of purchases initially will be for senior tranches of BSL CLOs but may over time include lower-rated tranches and middle-market loan CLOs
The analyst should be comfortable with corporate levered loan exposures and their modeling within securitized structures. The analyst should be able to aggregate and informatively present data for the purpose of ongoing monitoring of purchased CLOs. The analyst should maintain relationships with sell side, rating agency, and industry counterparts.
The role requires a high level of inquisitiveness and a strong ability to adapt and learn. It also requires the ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously. The role will also require the successful candidate to work positively and professionally in a team environment.
- Create/maintain internal and external tools to model securitizations backed by corporate loan exposures
- Perform collateral/cashflow analytics and other analyses as needed
- Review, arrange, and organize manager and rating agency documentation throughout the entire life cycle
- Assist IG/Securitized Credit Research team to perform thorough fundamental credit analysis CLOs and their managers
- Communicate effectively with the portfolio managers to contribute positively to the investment performance of LGIM’s Active Fixed Income funds.
- Educate and defend investment decisions to internal risk committees.
- Build and maintain good communication lines with key CLO issuers, regulators, industry agencies, rating agencies, financial intermediaries and specialized research providers.
- Assist in presenting LGIM America’s credit research process and capabilities to pension fund consultants and institutional clients.
- College graduate with team focused skills
- Experience in CLOs and leveraged loans (BSL and/or MM), 5 plus years experience is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Excel, VBA, & Intex
- Comfort with data aggregation, organization, and presentation
- Previous financial modeling experience
- Financial industry experience (I-Bank, accounting firm, or rating agency)
- Ability to multitask and work in a high paced environment
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry,
national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. (2020)